PILATES

cocoloco

Cathlete
Would love to see a Pilates DVD (or 2) included in the full Cathe Friedrich DVD suite.

I love all the intense workouts Cathe produces but it would be nice to change the type of training and concentrate on the mind/body connection on day 6 of the weeks rotation. I used to love working tough for 6 days a week but nowadays 5 days is my absolute maximum for the enjoyment factor - 6 days is a serious push so I'd like to see a Pilates option included (just for a change of tempo) from Cathe to round out and complete the week nicely!

COCO

Actually yes, this is a good idea.

We need a solid athletic approach to pilates. Very few of us are interested in being better dancers. We want to be better athletes and pilates can be a part of that.

How could pilates help protect against injury when weight lifting or doing kickbox, for example?

How could pilates make me a more agile, stronger athlete?

It would be interesting to see Cathe answer those questions by devising a pilates workout for the educated crowd. And, it goes beyond core work. Floor work, stability/balance work, pilates for the lower body, etc.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.