"Perfect Push-Up"

HipChick

Cathlete
I don't know if anyone has already posted a question about these & apologize if I missed it but I'm just curious if anyone has tried these or would recommend them? I have trouble doing push-ups on the floor due to wrist issues & find that it's easier if I use dumbbells & elevate my hands off the floor. But it also hurts my hands because the dumbbells are so hard. So when I saw this product on TV, I thought it looked like something that could be beneficial. So now I'm wondering if this is just a gimmick & if traditional push-up bars would work just as well? Any opinions &/or advice? TIA!

RE:

Hi-

I've never seen this, but I can vouch for standard push up bars. I have some issues w/ my wrists and these seem to solve that for me more than using even the dumbbells. (The dumbbells hurt my hands too.)

The other upshot is that you get a better range of motion w/ the pushup bars.. ( as if a regular pushup wasn't challenging enough!) :)

Good luck, Lynn M.

RE:

I have these, and I really like them. They allow for a more natural movement in the shoulders (my shoulders like them!) and that twaist at the top of the move seems to give a bit more of a squeeze to the inner chest. They do make push-ups a bit more challenging, however, as you get used to a different way of doing them. I have to do them on my knees so far. Like regular push-up handles, they do help with reducing wrist strain.

RE:

Hi Lynn & thanks for your response! I've been looking at standard push up bars but this product seemed like it may have additional benefits too. Here is a link (if I did this correctly... I've never posted a link before:)):

http://www.perfectpushup.com/

If these turn out be just a gimmick, I'll definitely purchase the push up bars instead.

Thanks again!

RE:

Hi Kathryn,

We were posting at the same time. Thanks for your input. I wondered if they would make the work more challenging too. Sounds like a great product, according to your description... & not really too expensive either.

Thanks again!

RE:

I just bought these, too. I think I am going to like them. In particular, it feels as though they will be helpful for triceps pushups, because of the better hand/wrist position. I'd say they are worth it, so far.

RE:

I never saw this post but just saw an advertisement for these. Any further opinions about this product before I buy it. Just want to revive this post to see if anyone else has used these bars and like them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.