Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/23

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Step Box 2 workout #1 29 minutes, heart rate 128 average, 157 max, 198 calories, 2,351 steps. I wore 1# gloves for this. I then did Step Box 2 premix that was the cardio drills and weight drills as intervals, (I skipped the warm up) 21 minutes, heart rate average 125, max 154, 1,193 steps. This premix does not use the step and uses 1 medium dumbbell. I used a 12# dumbbell.
Total time was 50 minutes and calories burned 333. I liked the workout so far. I still need to do workout #2. I did get a taste of the cardio drills from it today. I will hit the sculpt RX workout Monday.
The weight moves for the weight drills were as follows(all 12# DB)
Kelly probably went a bit lighter. I
Squat push front
squat thrust and 1 arm curl up switching hands (I liked this, not so hard once I got the hang of having both the dumbbell in hand on the floor and the other hand on the floor. I found myself wanting to do a 1 arm burpee with a weight LOL)
side lunge to kick back
chop 3 to opposite hip switch sides
sumo squat up with press
reverse lunge pulses - hip to hip with db
lunge front and row
curl and press alternating
standing pullover adding knee up

Deb, I often have my grandchildren here when they are sick and cannot go to school. They are quiet and not very demanding. I feel bad for them. That is too bad that you did not find the time for your PT exercises. That happens at times though.

Lori, that is nice that you were able to make arrangements to be there for the refrigerator delivery. It will be nice having two. Our second one is in the garage along with the freezer. Thinking of tomatoes reminds me of some dish my mother would make of stewed tomatoes with saltine crackers. It never was a hit for me. I would rather have cream of tomato soup or tomato basil soup. I have become good at using my rebounder for those high impact plyo moves on workouts. I don't remember trying it on RWH though. Good idea.

Valerie, you are right, it makes a difference on the tomato. I am sure you get some wonderful ones out of your garden. I used to pick them and eat them with pepper when I was a child. For some reason I do not care for the grape tomatoes and those small ones in stuff. I usually buy the vine ripened ones that are still on the vine. They seem to taste a bit better to me. They are like every other fruit, in that I think they ripen in transit and sitting on the shelves and there is not much flavor to them.
I was wondering when you said horses , how that would work when meeting. That is good that you talk to the riders with the horses and are careful.

Carolyn, I love the stability ball abs from abs circuits. I also like the one from Coffey Fit Raw. Kelly does those knee pulls with her ankles leaving the ball. It is much more difficult doing it that way. She does the pike move as well and some bridges. I think I have done it quite a few times now. Yes, I think Kelly's Plyo is somewhat milder than Kelly's. I don't generally feel my knees when I am done. I try knew things occasionally as Sprouts has a lot of new stuff. I bought Pluots and they were really good. They very lightly taste like they have some apricot in them.

Garden day yesterday . Not that hard but long and dirty. Home grown tomatoes are so good we still have some large tomatoes growing but the cherry ones are done. Cherry tomatoes are incredibly good but thin skinned so they split easily. Really....pick and eat immediately. Grape tomatoes have thicker skins . I still have some beets and kale left that can stay all winter but all is done except planting garlic
We don’t usually meet horses on single track trails. narrow and windy. On wide trails or roads we stop and let the horse person say what is needed. Some horses are used to bikes ....others not so mellow . Stopping and talking lets the horse recognize “people “ fast moving bikes can be threatening to a horse.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.