Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/19

Tornado watch till 10 tonight for my area. It looks fine out right now though. Maybe it will just be a watch and nothing will happen. I got my cookware today and last night I washed it up, but have not tried any of it yet. I love that the large skillet is really much bigger than I expected. Now I can rid myself of the one with practically no teflon and the other beat up one that the screw falls out and the handle falls off. Yes!!! There is a larger square pot with a fryer basket and a steamer tray. Note to self, that steamer tray's cut outs are sharp. I slice my finger pealing off the blue plastic sealed over it to wash it. I doubt I use the fryer basket though. Years ago I might have when I made my husband french fries all of the time. Remember those fry daddies and fry babies. I had them. Creepy that we saved the oil in that thing and reused. Although restaurants do the same thing. The trash truck finally came. They were supposed to come Monday, but didn't because of severe weather. I had so much trash waiting to go in t he trash and they were both full after getting the microwave put in. Then I got my pans so more boxes to be broke down.

Judy, a massage sounds like something nice for your days off :) You know, I cannot figure why people have to be so rude and nasty. Even when we have had issues with Home Depot, my husband always told the clerk that he knew it was not their fault. He usually would get a manager and talk to them about whatever problem it was. Like when we paid for our flooring, but had to wait to come back with a truck and they had loaded some of it up for someone else that day. They fixed it, but it was really upsetting. We had already put some down and needed a bunch more. So, a second load which had to wait till evening to be picked up. They put it on a pallet to wait for us. No telling why they tried to take some of it for someone else. IF I remember right they had to track some down from another store. You know you need the same lot numbers on those things or color may be off.

Valerie, I don't like reading about food contamination either. I have started deleting health e mails that start with your olive oil may not be good!! I just know they are going to try to sell me on some other product. Or don't eat this food!. It has started to grate on my nerves. I try to do my best and with the way things are that is all I can do. Glad that the forearm is doing okay. Fortunately those types of storms are not so close every year. I have had some pretty frightening experiences and that is why I watch weather reports and prepare accordingly so that hopefully I am not out in the bad weather. It must be wonderful to see so many animals and enjoy nature like that. I can imagine how cute the baby bison was. We have a nature center near here and I used to take my children there and they take theirs. They have a look out for the prairie dogs. It was always so nice taking a morning walk through the woods there. The last time I was there with my daughter, it seemed awful crowded with people and they put a large playground in. It was not like that when my children were there. Just some picnic tables near the parking lot and then you just walked and enjoyed the nature along with a little nature museum there. Deer move back and forth from there across to the park near our lake.

Deb, I bet that you are glad to not have to go to the PT anymore. Our sun room has had a lot of tests with winds, hail, and rain. I thank God every time it rains that it is finally fixed. I could only imagine how horrible it would be if it was not fixed.

Carolyn, I was tempted to take a rest day today, but pushed to get my workout in. That step only premix has been a favorite of my to go to. Nice calorie burner and not too long.

Lori, I would have a hard time getting in as good of workouts as you do with working long days. I cooked a roast in my instant pot last night for dinner and heated up some cheese and sour cream mashed potatoes that I had in the freezer since I had my daughter and grandchildren here. That is why I did not try out the new cookware yet. It looks nice though. I ate bad today. I made a crustless raspberry cheese cake with chocolate coating yesterday for company and I had a large piece for lunch. Nothing else. Just that and some Chameleon Mocha cold brew coffee (my favorite no sweetening). Maybe tonight I will cook something healthy for dinner using my new pans ;) I tried my convection oven Monday and made my husband some Keto snickerdoodle cheesecake bars in it, adjusting time. They turned out great. Just realized that I have to let the convection part cool down before I try to use it as a microwave.

we did maintenance work yesterday, got a windshield ding fixed, got new boots at REI , and picked up our truck at the dealer. we got a small rock hit right in the center windshield of the car on the way here, and got it fixed before it ran.

we decided we needed a second vehicle here. one car is fine until there is a problem, and then it would be a huge mess. not fair to rely on the kindness of neighbors. things need to be picked up too since delivery service here is spotty. that ate up the day with the commute back and forth.

Deb that is good news that there are no significant joint problems but annoying no one has been able to figure why you have had so much discomfort.

Last edited:
My workout today was LiTE Pyramid Pump Upper Body. My time was 53 minutes with 260 calories burned. Average heart rate was 112 and maximum heart rate was 151. This workout seems to get to all upper body muscles thoroughly. Maybe it’s because of the super sets.

Diane Sue, those constant severe weather and tornado warnings would be very stressful for me. I’m glad that you and your family are okay. I never bought one of those electric fryers. I didn’t want to get in the habit of frying foods.

Deb, I’m sure that you are glad to be finished with PT. Now that you know the exercises it should be easy to do them on your own.

Valerie, I can see how you would need another vehicle. Will you leave that vehicle there?

Hello to Judy and Lori.

Carolyn we plan to leave it here., just like one set of bikes. our car is best for highway driving, and more fuel efficient so we will commute with it. the truck has more cameras than we are used to. when we put our bikes on, it sets off an alarm when backing up. a surprise. this rack puts front tires over the tailgate. we did a short ride this morning but got a call back from the furnace guy who wants to do service this morning. we will go back later and do more. only about 30 min. enough to find out some things we forgot to do, and also the back up cameras sensitivity.

My workout today was Coffey Fit Real Raw #2 Cardio Hiit, 38 minutes, met 8.5, 271 calories, heart rate average 143, max 179, 3501 steps. Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Finisher, 13 minutes, met 8.0, 92 calories, 1,170 steps, heart rate average 142, max 172. I finished off with Lite Bonus Abs #2, 11 minutes, 40 calories, heart rate average 99, max 132, 65 steps and Lite abs #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 73 minutes, calories burned 434, steps 4,736.

Carolyn, I think I must have mostly did Pyramid Pump Upper Body because I have only logged lower body on the worksheets once. I was trying to go through and make sure I had done all of them at least 4 times. I am thinking that Cathe did not have the work sheets and info up right away and I did it without that the first couple of times.

Valerie, I am sure it will take awhile to get everything in place there where you feel comfortable. Glad you were able to get your window fixed.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. Yesterday afternoon I discovered that my Yahoo email account which I guess is a small business account for the dog club, was locked and I could not sign in. I spent a couple of hours on hold, could not speak with anyone, and very frustrated when I could not get to speak directly with a tech person. The recording kept suggestion that I go to the web site and use either email or chat to get help. Yes, that would be great if my problem was not that I CANNOT SIGN INTO MY EMAIL!! and every one of these alternate ways to get help required that you sign in. I woke up at 2:00 am this morning, started thinking about the problem, could not sleep, so I went downstairs and called the help number again. Got a person right away. Since I am not the administrator, they could not do what needed to be done. Now I am having trouble getting a hold of the club member that is the administrator. UGh....sorry for the long rant...I hate technology!

Diane Sue, I can see how the rain etc would affect allergies. I hope it dries up there and you start to feel better. Glad your sunroom has passed the biggest test it could probably get.

Valerie, a truck sounds like it would be useful there. Is it a pick up truck?

Carolyn, that Pyramid upper body is a tough one for sure!

Hi to Lori & Judy,

Any fun plans for the weekend?

Quick check in as I have grandchildren here today. I need to get out to the bank and vet to pick up Gertie's Frontline. I did start that up again with no problem. Workout today was Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4 using 12# dumbbells throughout. This was a challenge with Gertie and a 5 year old :) Workout was 42 minutes, heart rate 132 average, 160 max, met 7.0, 272 calories, 2,733 steps. This is a good one to hit everything. Hoping it does not rain. Apps give different info on the weather and television gives lower chance for our area. I won't go to the vets office if it rains as they are in a newly developed strip at the edge of the city. Mud and everything out there.

we have not had an opportunity in ages to fix a windshield ding. they have always "run" before we could get anywhere to fix it. we had annual service on our heater/ air system yesterday but ran long so never had a chance to go back and finish our ride. will do it this morning. key for us to keep it maintained since the problems can come up when we are not there. its a smart thermostat so we an monitor remotely but have had to let in service people when were not there.

yep deb, makes you want to tear your hair out! all the security precautions can assure evil people cant access your account make sure you cant either. I've had trouble with passwords that suddenly stop working. I write them down and keep a list but requirements can change, and what worked on Monday just fine suddenly does not work on Friday. there is one newspaper I pay for that is notorious for that.

Today I did Rev’d Up Rumble main workout plus the Calorie Crush which was 49 am and 362 calories burned. My average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate was 147.

Deb, I understand your frustration with the email account. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I wanted to change our cell phone plan. The password that I had written did not work and I couldn’t create a new account because they kept saying that we already had one. I finally gave up and haven’t tried again. It was a minor change that I wanted to make and wasn’t worth the headache.

Diane Sue, great job getting your workout done early with your grandchildren around. I hope you are done with the rain and storms in your area. We are suddenly extremely hot here. Temperatures will be mid nineties today and even hotter for the next few days. It creates terrible air quality in addition to the heat issue.

Valerie we have always had a pick up truck too. It would be hard to manage without it.

Hello to Lori and Judy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Deb, my husband has his own domain or whatever you call it with yahoo and half the family has the part of that email address so, when Yahoo did this change we were having problems. I figured mine out after some work as I was like you and could not get in. Once I got in I had to sign in and set up my devices as well. My daughter who is in dermatology got locked out of hers and she had had the address for many years. She called me freaking out as she has important stuff in there that she needed to get to. Plus she was expecting results from an ultrasound that she had had because of stomach pain. My husband figured it out and had to go into his account since he is the administrator of the domain and reset her password for her. At least I did not have to do that. But when you pay your bills and things you need the stuff in that email. I think after Verizon took over they have been changing things up. So, now I have a new password and have to keep looking it up. Anyway, I see that is your problem as well. He gave her the password she needed so she could go in and change her password. You could get your own account, but you lose all of your stuff and have to give the new e mail out to everyone which is a real pain. I really do not know why I did not have to get my husband to help with me getting in. If I could even remember how I did it I would let you know.
There methods of helping is ridiculous. So many times it is impossible to find a phone number to talk to a human and get help. They want you to do it online. That is like when I recently had the internet go out and kept trying to find a phone number and their recommendations were to go online. Which I did through my cell and data. It is annoying.

Valerie, I can see the importance of keeping up with things whenever you are there so nothing goes wrong when you are gone. Having to get workers there from that far away would be difficult.

Carolyn, I had problems with My At&T for awhile. I could not log in on my laptop to look at and pay my bill. I kept having to go get my old Windows 7 from upstairs to pay my bill or just pay it with my cell. That was when I was using Explorer. When I changed to Google I was able to log on to my account on this computer. I don't like frustrating things like that.

It was so humid today I just felt like I stayed wet all day long. It is raining again right now. I sure hope it is short lived. I have to go out and do what I did not get done today. We had to go to three places to find a new battery for my car when my husband came home from work. Why Pep Boys and most Auto Zones did not have one is beyond me. We had to drive a ways to get one at an Auto Zone that is not close. It was 8 when I started dinner. The children and I got in the car and it would not start so no errand running.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. My knee is starting to feel a bit better. I don't want to mess it up. I have been doing some stretching with it....kind of put it in hyper-extend position and hold for 20 seconds at a time. It then feels better when I get up and walk.

Diane Sue, hope you were able to get some errands done, with all the unstable weather, and reports. So frustrating when you need to go somewhere and the car is dead! Then not being able to get a battery in a normal auto parts store on top of that! Yes, that is exactly what happened to our club's small business account. The club member that is the admin of the account had to wait until the middle of the night last night to get a live body on the phone to fix the issue. He texted me at 4:00 am this morning with a temporary password I had to use to go in, and then I had to change the password. The problem is, I hate the new screen version that they have now, and keep switching back to the old version. I just don't know how to keep it at the old one. I even Googled it, and what they say to do, is not there. I would never pay bills from any of my accounts, just because of this type of thing. I get bills in the mail and pay by check!

Valerie, good that you got that windshield fixed before it became a long crack, or worse. It's good that you have those things maintained regularly, especially since you don't want an issue when you are not there. Even if you have a remote system to detect a problem, its still a pain to have to get someone in there.

Hi to Judy & Lori,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, despite the tech issues, storms, rain, cars needed fixing etc....LOL...:)

I will workout after I run to the bank this morning. Just reading and waiting till time for them to open. It stormed last night, but at the moment things are calm. Still dark and cloudy though.

Deb, I don't like that I have to click log in a second time when I am on the computer and go from one email address to the other. I have two on yahoo that are linked and I use one that requires the long email address because for some reason the source cannot recognize a short one that does not use the .com on it. Also I use it for the rebate programs and stuff. I used to just be able to click on my little face icon and go from one email to the other. I never use my Google email account. I just go delete the contents every so often because it is all Google junk. I have thought of changing to Fire Fox. I do not trust Google so much. I really do have a love hate relationship with internet. Glad you were able to get into your email finally. My poor daughter was so upset she said she was trying not to cry over it.

Good morning. we did mt biking yesterday, nothing that hard but it used to be hard. we both have improved. somehow we both acclimated to the altitude right away. some trips I have headaches and cant sleep but this was smooth, and it makes riding and hiking more fun.

Our new truck is very nice. its not huge, just right and drives more like an SUV. we still need to get some things for it, like rubber floor mats but spent time yesterday loading it with the supplies we carry in our vehicles.

Diane sue I forget if you use Costco, but we usually get batteries there. we like their auto shop for tires too.

I keep a password list printed at each house . not perfect but with all the different sites requiring different things, you can't use simple passwords anymore. I know its better for security to have them more complex but if you can't get into your accounts yourself, a huge PITA. Deb, I use autopay on one credit card for a lot of the regular monthly bills that don't vary much. I still get major cc bills by mail so we can review the charges without worrying about account access. since we are traveling more and don't get mail here I dont worry about over due charges. it's reasonably secure, write fewer checks, no postage, and fewer trips to the PO. the only things we would need serviced if we're gone would be the heating system, or propane tank refill but that is outside.

Today I did LiTE Pyramid Pump Lower Body for 53 minutes and 345 calories burned. My average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 176. There is a bit of dread factor for me with this workout. It has so many disc lunges!

Deb, I’m glad that your knee is starting to feel better. Do you wear the brace when you do your workouts?

Valerie, it must be very rewarding to know that you can now do hikes that were difficult before. That’s an accomplishment.

Judy, I wanted to go to the garden center but decided that it was too busy today. I’ll wait until next week. It must be a busy time for you at work.

Diane Sue, I’m thinking of you and hope that all is well.

Hello to Lori.

I ran to the bank this morning before my workout. I wanted to make sure I got that accomplished. I drove another route there which was along the turnpike access road and by the hospital since I knew flooded roads were not usually happening there. It rained some more last night :eek: More rain forecast tonight. This has been a really wet May for sure. I am glad it is not quite like this every year. Everything greened up well and my flowers are doing great.
I did I Max 2, which seemed much easier than I remember it. Maybe it is because I used to do it with an 8 inch step and not a 6 inch. This was 55 minutes, met 8.0, 389 calories, 4866 steps, heart rate average 150, max 175. I then did Cardio and Weights Step cardio premix skipping the warm up, 30 minutes, met 6.6, 177 calories, heart rate average 139, max 166, 2,453 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, 566 calories, 7,319 steps. I remember that I used to do the Terminator premix that was intervals of Imax 2 and cardio and weights incorporating the light weight segments. I did it a lot because I got a higher burn out of it than just I max 2. Really I was remembering the shorter time of the step portion of step jump and pump at around 16 minutes when I started cardio and weights step. I was planning extra stretching instead of that long of a cardio workout:oops: Awe well, it turned out well.

Valerie, nice that you got a truck. That should work nicely for things. I have auto pay on several things. I really do not like it, but sometimes they push for it. Like our medicare supplement insurance. If I wanted to pay monthly I had to sign up for auto bank withdrawal. I keep it on my monthly list and always account for it the first of the month. Otherwise I go to most websites and pay. What I hate is when a site decides to shut down for maintenance on the first of the month. It makes me mad if I am trying to pay something. I have two password notebooks that I keep up to date. It seems like my passwords keep getting longer with security requirements.
Costco just opened here a week or so ago. They had people sitting outside all night wanting to be first in for the grand opening. I am not in a hurry. I suppose Sams might have something like that. Really, after we drove all over, I told my husband Firestone just up the street may have had a battery. Who knows.. When we first got my car we took it to get the oil changed and the oil change place did not have a filter for my car available. The guy had to go to the Chevy dealer to get one. My husband put one in the save and compare on Amazon just in case we went through that again. But, we have started mainly using the shop that did all of the work on the Range Rover and Lincoln and they seem to be able to take care of anything. Although I think they are a bit high. Or maybe everything is just high. That silly little battery was 153 dollars after returning the core.

Carolyn, I think that is my problem with Lite Lower Pyramid Pump. I have not done it many times. It made my hip hurt with the gliding disc stuff that seems to be every other move. I have to lighten up and be careful with it. So far I have not met my goal of doing all of the lite workouts 4 times because of this one and of course there is the Body weight and bands one.

We did a ride this morning that was rough. it was constant uphill, for 2 5 hours, or maybe 3. unrelenting. steep. it's an old road. we saw lots of elk and deer, and lots of tracks and scat with wildflowers beginning. it was pretty out, and cool enough since the first part is out in the open. the route back down was hard because need to brake all the way, stopping often for hand fatigue. a lot of loose rocks and uneven so too much speed would be dangerous and not fun. it was a serious workout! I had to walk more than DH did but I still rode a major part of it with walking some of the steep pitches where I was too out of breath.

Diane sue, Costco is a decent place to shop if they have what you need. convenient location for me. I can get car things done while I'm shopping. I use their pharmacy and gasoline. Definitely not the only place I shop, but there are specific things I get there. for us, its worth the membership fee many times over even though quantities can be large for 2 people.

I've been happy with autopay for newspaper, phone, cable, security system. never had a mistake made and its nice not to worry about bill due dates since things are scattered thru the month. the MC and visa bills I want to see and check thru before paying.

Hi Everyone,

Tuesday I did LiTe Cardio Party then had a massage in the afternoon. I have another appointment scheduled for June 3rd. Thursday morning I did LiTe Stacked Sets Lower Body.
This week was crazy at HD. Friday was spent stocking and getting ready for the weekend and yesterday I spent most of the day helping in outside garden, scanning customers carts so the cashiers didn't get too backed up. We had a short rain storm in the middle of the day so it slowed down for a while but then it got busy again. Friday I had almost 30,000 steps and yesterday over 20,000.

Deb-That's good that you don't need to go to PT anymore. I have a list of all the PT exercises I was given for my low back so I can do them again whenever I want. I'd rather do them on my own at home anyway.
That's very frustrating about the email. I had to switch from Yahoo to another email server because I was having so many issues with it.

Carolyn-The garden center was so busy, I would not have wanted to be a shopper there yesterday. Going next week is a good idea. Great workouts this week!

Diane Sue-When I lived in Iowa there were always tornado warnings and sirens going off. That's one thing I prefer about living in Michigan. There are tornadoes and warnings here but they are not common. I would be pretty upset if I bought flooring and they gave part of it to someone else. That's the kind of thing I would totally understand a customer being angry about.

Valerie-I'm hoping to get some outdoor biking in soon. Chris is getting our bikes ready.

Lori-Angry and hostile customers are definitely a problem. Most of them I can handle but I had a couple of them last week that I just had to walk away from and call a manager to deal with them. If they are angry in general I can usually calm them down but if they start cursing or directing their anger towards me that's another story. I'm not going to take abuse. I love my coworkers though, they are the best part of working at HD.

Judy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.