Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 11/3

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and Have Fun: step and stride, this time using an 8 inch high step and my 4# weight vest to kick it up a bit. This was 30 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate average 145, max 173, 3,211 steps. That is all I am doing other than my usual stretches. I almost did nothing. I am tired. I was surprised I got up the energy for this. Maybe the fact I decided to eat a little first.

Valerie, that climbing does sound like quite a workout. I like looking at the ruins and imagining what life was like for those people. I have used Cathe's premixes for years. Funny though, at first I used the once that extended the workouts. Now I choose by what body parts I feel like I need to work on. Kelly Coffey does some good mixes too. The one thing I don't like about streaming live is there are no premixes. I just wrote down the times at different points through on of Kelly's Raw workouts so I could skip what I do not want to do. That makes it more like fast forwarding through a video tape though.

Carolyn, we went to a service like that a while back for a friend for many years. The church was packed and people standing. So many people spoke of special times. He was really loved and a very caring person.

Plan for yesterday got changed. didn't ride. did Stacked upper body while dinner was roasting. will ride today instead.
Judy have you gotten anywhere toward getting your Peloton bike fixed? good you have backup bike there.
Lori are you around? hoping you come back to join us soon.
Deb I am guessing this is one of your grand jury days. I would not like it either. hope it isnt too difficult to deal with.

I've enjoyed the premixes for a lot of reasons, one being doing a shorter workout if time is limited rather than just chucking the whole thing. Ive been committed to warm up and cool down stretches and premixes include those. and of course the premixes that add the abs

Hi Everyone,

Wednesday I did a 75 minute Spinerval and Muscle Meltdown Chest. Yesterday I did a 60 minute Spinerval and Walk Strong 3 Metabolic Conditioning. Our internet was down for a couple of days. We think that might have had something to do with the Peloton issues, even though we still had internet when the bike started acting up.

Valerie-I have not heard anything back from Peloton support since Monday night. I have emailed them twice since then with no response. I find that a little disturbing considering the cost of the bike and the monthly subscription. I will try the bike again later today and do the hard reboot of the screen again if it's not working.

Diane Sue-Nice job on the workouts this week. I like both Cathe & Kelly's premixes. I almost always do the combined workouts premixes on Kelly's DVDs.

Hi to Deb, Carolyn & Lori!

Judy

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps for 56 minutes and 198 calories burned. My average heart rate was 104 and maximum heart rate was 151. My chest and triceps were fried after the workout.

Judy, good job with the spinervals rides and WS3 Metabolic Conditioning. That’s very upsetting about the Peloton tech support. They should provide an immediate response considering the price of their bikes.

Hello to Deb, Valerie, Diane Sue, and Lori.

Rode this morning, 1 hr 20 min. the trails are closed for the year so we have to stay on roads. just as much work and not as much fun, but we respect the rules so our privileges aren't revoked.

Judy, annoying considering the price and the hype. they should at least acknowledge briefly they have a technical problem and are working on it.
If it's any comfort , we had an awful time with our TV, internet, land line a short time ago. nothing was functioning right, and all service was intermittent and would go on and off for no reason. it went on for a couple weeks but finally seems to be resolved. we have not gotten a paper bill in 2 or 3 months, and our payment records were messed up too. sometimes the tech companies get into technical problems too.

Carolyn, strong work with gym styles. I'm thinking about going back to GS series before I do stacked upper too many times to where I get tired of it.

This morning I just did Lite Cardio Party with the bonus stretch, 53 minutes, 313 calories, met 6.8, heart rate 133 average, max 181, 3,845 steps. I had to get out and do errands. Also spent time setting up Hulu because we are getting rid of Directv now since At&t took them over and they are ATTnow. They are changing the programing and raising the price another 10 dollars a month.

Valerie , I do like that the warm ups and stretches are in the premixes.

Judy, do you have your Peloton hooked up to an individual surge protector? I have one on the tread climber since it has the computerized screen. I hope it gets all worked out. I have generally done both workouts combined on Kelly's dvds too. But, since recovering from the shoulder issue, I have taken advantage of shorter mixes to do exercises that are not going to cause a problem. Plus I am trying to build back up and hopefully get back to where I was. I need to give longer recovery though as I am a bit sore from the workouts. Not a bad sore, just muscle soreness. It will gradually get better. It has been since around mid June when I started having the shoulder problem. I spent most of my summer dealing with it.

Carolyn, the Gym Styles are effective workouts for sure.

I decided to take a rest day today. I had quite a few things to take care of today and I was a bit tired this morning. I am still sore from yesterday’s workout!

Diane Sue, I can understand why you want to get rid of Direct TV. There is a lot going on with AT&T and that division. Your recovery probably seems really slow to you, but it’s good to take your time with resuming your regular workouts.

Valerie, the Gym Styles would be a nice change of pace for you. I had not done the Chest/Triceps that I did yesterday in over three years. It’s easy to forget about the older workouts.

Hello to Deb, Judy, and Lori. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I am tempted to skip warm up/ cooldown if its not a formal part of a workout. with some activities, it happens naturally. I go headlong into the latest workout and forget older ones. I always liked the GS series and I have the weights here, whereas in montana, I only have light weights.

we don't have many choices since we have too many trees to use a dish. we have cable, period. we tried antenna and that was only semi successful.

we are going to do a bathroom remodel on powder room off the living area. doing our research and measuring.

I did Lite Pyramid Pump Lower Body Timesaver premix Pyramid up and did Cathe's weights. I normally went heavier for this. I then did the Lite Bonus abs 2 and stretch 2. I finished off with some PT work. Lower body was 31 minutes, 118 calories, met 4.5, 723 steps. Abs and stretch 2 was 21 minutes, 70 calories, met 4, 18 steps. PT exercises other than what I did when I woke up was 15 minutes, 25 calories, 116 steps.

Carolyn, I thought something would eventually happen because when they were still Directv they said only those that already had a certain package that we had would be able to keep it. They changed the main package and had another that was higher. I figured then, that this would probably not go on for long. But when they said it was changing and we had to pay 10 dollars more I am pretty done with them. I won't use their internet either. We used it when we had to in other areas and it was not good. Always some problem.

Valerie, remodels are always so rewarding. My daughter has had to deal with that where they live being out side the city and all of the trees. They were happy when they were able to finally get internet. They do experience drop outs in the area though with their cell phones.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.