Peak 8

Stephanie0523

Cathlete
So I have been reading up on Dr. Mercola's Peak 8 method of training, and for the past couple of weeks I've been doing it two to three days a week. Wondering if anyone else here has tried it and seen results? I really have noticed it's a vigorous workout for only 20 minutes. I'm breathless and sweating bullets when I'm done!

I do it on the treadmill... four minutes of slow walking/warm up followed by 30 seconds of sprints, 90 seconds of recovery repeated eight times.

I have been reading about it too, though I haven't tried it yet. I am curious to hear your thoughts about it as you progress.

Peak Fitness

Yes, I've read about this also. I seem to lump all this info as Tabata training. Different variations of exercises and perhaps different times for rapid heart rate /recovery. Both Cathe's Hiit and Supreme 90 day challenge tabata WO is what I use 2x a week. So yesterday I did 40/20 followed with Cathe's supersets. Come Thursday I will do the Supreme 90 day tabata followed with Supreme total body. This is 2x out of the 6 days that I work out.

What I have noticed is a greater strength and much more endurance for sure. Plus my cardio has increased and the energy I have for the rest of the day is great. BUT I will always have a love/hate for burpees and tuck jumps.

I do tabata and HiiT too, but this is different. It's much more intense. I'm literally running sprints with recovery in between. And I am not a sprinter! :eek: I haven't noticed many benefits yet, but as a rule, you're not supposed to eat within two hours of doing Peak 8, and I rarely follow this rule since I work out at night before dinner, so I don't know if I'm inhibiting my own progress.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.