Paper Shredder

ZT27

Cathlete
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone recommend a good paper shredder? I have boxes filled with old credit card bills, important papers I don't need anymore. I do not want to deal with identity theft or whatnot. I'm going to Target today and I'd like to take a look. Thanks!!

Lisa :)

i saw one at wal-mart last for $50, it shreds everything including old credit cards. we were planning on one as well. i forgot the name of it but if wal-mart has it,target is sure to have the same brand as well. it was in a yellow and white box and it showed picutres in the corner about what it could shred safely. i believe it was also a criss-cross cut which is something you want b/c it will pretty much shred everything finely and mix up the pieces making it a chore for anybody that may want to try to piece papers together.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Hi Kassia,
That is what I want. The crisscross one. I will take a look at Target and see what I can find. Thanks! :)

Lisa

Lisa, post an update once you get one. We have an old one and I'd like to buy one that will shred CC's too. I think Fellowes(sp) makes a good one.
I shred credit card offers we get in the mail, too. We just recently signed up at OPT OUT so hopefully we'll stop getting CC and insurance offers real soon here.

Michele:)

Michelle - what is OPT OUT? And how can I sign up? I would love to stop getting all of those cc offers too!

>Michelle - what is OPT OUT? And how can I sign up? I would
>love to stop getting all of those cc offers too!

Hi Jen,

I first heard about Opt Out from Clark Howard and you can search his website at www.clarkhoward.com. He offers tons of advice on personal finances, investing, credit problems, etc.

Opt Out is a program offered by the major credit reporting unions that allows you to opt out of receiving firm, pre-approved credit card and insurance offers. You can opt back in any time you want to.

Here's the Opt Out website:
https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi

You can do it online or by phone, I think. I did it online, but then there was a form I had to print, sign, and mail in.

I just did this so I haven't stopped getting offers yet. Hopefully they'll start dwindling off soon.

Michele :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.