pain free book

singinggoddess

Cathlete
I have been dealing with some injuries lately. The latest one being pain in the hip. I bought this book after someone recommending it to me and it has worked so well for me. This guy really believes that adding some postural exercises into your program can get rid of aches and pain that become chronic. The exercises are so simple and yet so effective. I am not explaining it well, but the book has completely gotten rid of my hip pain. I have worked out the whole time while using it. So, I did not take any exercise break while doing it. He beleives that getting the body(hips,shoulders and back) back into alignment that that takes the pressure off joints and ligaments. I would highly recommend it. He has a program for every area that is prone to injury. It took me about 2 weeks to get rid of the pain and I have had it for a couple of months. He has fixed people that have had chronic knee and other joint problems. Check it out:) Here is the book and some reviews.

Susan

http://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Rev...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200606330&sr=8-1

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting this info. I ordered the book and DVDs from Amazon. I have arthritis in my knees, and back problems. I am hoping this will help me out. Thanks again!

-Nenita

Thanks. I may have to give this a try. I would normally regard these kinds of things as hooey, but it looks interesting. I'm more of a traditional medicine kinda girl. However with a chronic knee issue and having just come from my 1st bout of PT after a 2nd surgery, I may give it a try. What's $10 to Amazon after who-knows-how-much to the Dr? I'm game for anything at this point. I'm off work Monday, I will go to the bookstore!!

Nan

Thanks to the lovely Susan (she told me about this book a few days ago)I went right into Barnes & Noble and bought it. WOW...I have been running with some hip pain for about 6 weeks and after doing his exercises (they do take some time) I ran today practically pain free! I know the more I do the exercises the better my hip will get as Susan's did. I can't very well explain his concept either but it really makes sense after you the 1st couple of chapters. Thanks so much Susan...:D

Carole,
I am SO glad that book worked for you. Such simple exercises. I hope it continues to work for you. I am still going to do the exercises on daily basis, just not as long. Glad you are running pain free cheetah friend;-)

Susan

I have recommended Pete Egoscue's book on this forum before. I have been using his techniques for the last 4 years and it has made a huge difference in my chronic running-related injuries. Pete lives in San Diego and my sister, who also lives in S.D. has gone to his clinic there, with great results.

Sarah

Susan...I was so glad you told me. I may even buy the "Pain Free for Women" too as B&N has ordered it for me. I think I will be doing these exercises for some time...and I am going to get my DH to try some also..:D

Sarah...I am so sorry I never saw your recommendation for Pete's book before. I would have been so happy to have known about his technique sooner! I am in Northern Cal but would love to go to SD and meet Pete.

Carol, my DH is a Pete convert. He has many physical issues related to years of marathon running and Iron Man triathlons. Now in his 50's, he is paying the price of all that body "abuse." Like me, he faithfully performs his "Pete exercises", daily and has gotten major benefits from doing so.
I hope you get positive results as well :)

Sarah

I too am a big Egoscue fan. I tried so many different things to get rid of my hip pain. My doctor told me to stop doing step. Not like that was an option. I sell books on Amazon and had sold this one many times. One day as I was packing yet another copy I thought "maybe I should try reading this". My hip pain is now history. My brother used it for his carpal tunnel. He actually went to one of their centers for one on one sessions. He says he would have probably been unable to continue working without it. I'm now trying to get my mother to give it a try for her back pain. She can barely walk but insists that the pain isn't that bad. I recomend it to everyone who has any kind of pain. I love the fact that he encourages movement. Our bodies are designed to move.

Sarah...Thanks...:)..my DH is far from an avid exerciser but could very well use the benefits from Pete's book on some of his painful areas! I will have to ease him into it...

Jaffas...that is great about you reading the book and relieving your hip pain! The more I read reviews like yours the more I know this is the right way to go. And, yes, our bodies are designed to move...:)

Susan, I also ordered the book. My DH has chronic back pain from a herniated disc and has done PT exercises, pilates etc and not seen much improvement over 18 months. I have my fingers crossed that this will help him. Thanks for posting!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.