P90X

I'm sure you'll be getting more feedback from those more experienced with P90X than me! I just started using the upper body workouts in my rotation this week and WOW! DOMS like never before! I did Chest, Shoulders and Tricpes Monday which resulted in sore muscles pretty much everywhere, including my core! Then Back & Biceps yesterday and my back has NEVER been this sore.

The more experienced users will chime in, I'm sure!

So far, I'm loving the upper body work!

Gayle

If you do a search on the forums for P90X you will find an amazing amount of information for all the great peeps around here...

HTH...

Feel free to ask if you have any questions, Nicole! Wendy's got some awesome pics there, it's an incredible program! I'm just finishing my 3rd round and love it!

Ooh, Gayle's loving the DOMS! I'm glad that it's working for you, girl! I still have a little DOMS from CST that I did Thurs! }(

Yep, there's a LOT of threads on P90X around here. I bought it almost a year ago and have been using it and now the X+ workouts with great results! I've gone from NO pullups to FULL pullups, an amazing amount of pushups, and have gained a lot of strength & definition. My dh has also joined me, for the first fitness program I've ever done that he's done with me. It's been GREAT! ;-)

Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

I have to agree with Jess. EMAIL HER! LOL She's been helping me out a bit these last few weeks, and I'm NOT regretting it AT ALL! Did I TELL you about my DOMS yet? LOL

LOVE IT!

Gayle

What? DOMS?? }( You know we love DOMS!! }( Oh, and I keep forgetting to tell you that I love the salsa chicken recipe! I need to make another batch! :)

I can't wait to try it! I am trying to get rid of the rest of the fat that I put on after an accident a few years ago. I really like strength training, but know that cardio is also important. I heard that the cardio isn't all that good in the program. Is that true? Should one use Cathe or some other workout instead?

Also, a little speculation - once you go through p90X, do you think that you can role into Cathe's STS? Since I am halfway through the weight that I have to lose, and I am getting stronger, I am really MOTIVATED!

Thanks for your help. I'm still learning!!

P.S. Do you think that trotting with the dogs for 60-75 minutes a day can be counted as cardio? The dogs now get tired before I do! (tired or bored!!):7

I love this series. I'll also love the STS series as well. Both very different workouts.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]
The idea is to die young as late as possible.

I've been using P90x for about 2 years now and have the best results of my life. I just ordered P90x plus too! Can't wait to use it.

Sparrow

Even after all this time the earth never says to the sun, "you owe me." Look what happens with a love like that.

It lights the whole sky.

- Hafiz

The strength training in P90X is awesome! I'm not a huge fan of Kenpo, but Plyo is good. I think you're fine to sub in a Cathe cardio if you want, but stick to the X weight training. I've subbed in Cathe's kickboxing (KPC, KM, 4DS kickbox) quite a bit for Kenpo, plus I am a runner so I get in plenty of cardio.

I think P90X will help prep you for STS because it includes pullups which you will be doing (it looks like from the blog) in STS. Isn't it great feeling stronger??

And yes, if you're getting in cardio walking your dogs, that's great! :)

Thank you for the replies. I actually did a search, but I couldn't find any P90X-specific threads, yet I know there have been some. LOL

I'll try another search. I may have to email one or two of you as well. :)

Oh, you are awesome! Thank you! I had better work on my search skillz. LOL I'll for sure email you if I have any questions. Thanks again. :D

I've been doing it for a while now - although I find it very difficult to get all 6 days in - I just don't have the time sometimes, or you get a little ill, or feel crappy or whatever. But, I am sticking very tight to the weight workouts (it's the cardio and yoga days I generally miss). My strength is definitely improving - I'm up to 80 pushups in all their variations on the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and for the first time ever I can do push-ups from my toes! So that's cool. I really like the yoga workout and the plyo and the core. I don't like the ab section at all - I find the moves very uncomfortable, so I sub in Cathe's CoreMax sessions for those. I actually got a little stiff from the legs workout, but legs are my weakest area. I will probably start subbing in some Cathe cardio soon, as I'm beginning to miss her. :-(
I do think it'll be great preparation for STS.

That's what I've done too. My first round I stuck pretty close to the Classic version. Now I often sub in a run for Plyo, Interval+ (X+), and sub in a Cathe kickbox for Kenpo, but I still stick pretty close to the weight workouts (but now I'm using the X/X+ also). I think ARX is a good ab workout, but I also sub in a Cathe CoreMax and I do love the Abs/ Core+.

Graet job improving your pushups!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.