P90x vs Insanity vs Rushfit

TRSTACIE

Cathlete
Hi there! I was researching Rushfit and came across this great article that does a very detailed comparison between P90x, Insanity, and Rushfit. I wound up buying Rushfit but I thought other people might be interested in the comparison.

By the way, if you are interested in purchasing Rushfit, you can use the promo code RUSHFITBILL from Retailmenot.com to save 15% off the set. It saved me $13.49! :eek:

P90X, Insanity and Rushfit: A Side-by-Side Comparison of TV

i am starting the rushfit rotation tomorrow. i have done the workouts three or more times and like them.very different in upper body and kickbox.i had to play around to figure out the correct weights to use. i remember one of the rounds is 10 squats and 5 pushups for 5 minutes!

laura

Quite fascinating. I am shocked that Insanity got such low scores, although I agree with the 4 in terms of safety score: that program is just a recipe for injury. I'm just grateful that I myself didn't sustain a serious injury. I am now more intrigued about the P90X program - have never done that one.

Hi there! I was researching Rushfit and came across this great article that does a very detailed comparison between P90x, Insanity, and Rushfit. I wound up buying Rushfit but I thought other people might be interested in the comparison.

By the way, if you are interested in purchasing Rushfit, you can use the promo code RUSHFITBILL from Retailmenot.com to save 15% off the set. It saved me $13.49! :eek:

P90X, Insanity and Rushfit: A Side-by-Side Comparison of TV

That review of Insanity doesn't surprise me at all. I did it twice, and I am shocked I didn't hurt myself...but I did feel like I might die! Ha! And Shaun T doesn't cue well or get his muscle groups right. I have also done P90X, and it is solid. Nothing wrong with that program other than a bit of boredom and maybe you might not like Tony. I haven't done Rushfit, but I'm intrigued!

i am starting the rushfit rotation tomorrow. i have done the workouts three or more times and like them.very different in upper body and kickbox.i had to play around to figure out the correct weights to use. i remember one of the rounds is 10 squats and 5 pushups for 5 minutes!

laura

Laura,

I heard a lot of people comment that Rushfit really worked the core. It was one of the major selling points for me. Do you feel this is true?

Thanks!

the upper body does work the core and its alot of reps at a faster pace so i do feel like this is true.my favorite exercise is hands off pushups where you go down to your chest in plank,hands off,then push yourself back up-hard.and i like dumbell power clean and push press. you can go heavy because you sorta jump then use weights at the same time.also lunge back reach-leg cross behind while doing a fly into a hammer curl

laura

thank you so much for posting this. I just saw Rushfit advertised on totalfitness and was interested in knowing more.

Carmen.

I have done all the workouts and like them very much.Today i did Abdomable Srenght and Core Conditioning and Balance and Agility. each one is 30min.My heart rate was way up. The abs use dumbels.I enjoyed it but the wormup i didnt do all of because it starts to bore me.Its a 2 month rotation but i plan to finish it troughout the year.

laura

Do you track your workouts? I was wondering what the met value is for these workouts. I have been using 6 for all of them except for the Fight Conditioning one (7 for that one). Some days it feels like that value is way too low. I haven't tried the bonus workouts (I have been skipping those a doing a longer Cathe video instead of the cardio + bonus workout). I also haven't done Explosive Power yet. I hope it's not too high impact!

P90X is an awesome weight lifting program. Insanity is an awesome cardio program. IDK about Rush Fit. I don't own it and was never interested in it for whatever reason. I can understand some of the lower scores for Insanity but I still think it's a great set. Just have to use a bit of caution when doing the work outs. :)

Thanks for posting this. I went to the article when you first posted it but then saw it's length and had to put off reading for when I actually had enough time--which was today!

Very thought provoking article. I have not done Rush Fit, but I have done P90X and Insanity and love them both. Insanity's low scores surprised me, though in retrospect they shouldn't have. Though I love Insanity workouts, I did not love the Insanity program. It did seem to me that there was not enough recovery time after pounding your body like you do. I never injured myself during Insanity but I guess I can see how someone could. I did the 60 days one time, but now I use it as a cardio workout and never do it two days in a row. For me, that works much better than how it it is laid out in the 60 day format. Plus, I love strength training and it drove me crazy to go those 60 days w/out lifting weights. Though I bought bonus/delux version and did do the upper body workout--which I LOVE! But I only did that once a week. Not nearly enough weight lifting for me!

Anyway, again, thanks for posting this. Very interesting article!

as long as i've weight trained i could not get to 20# on bi curls until rushfit. i only use 10-12 pds in it except for back.i never get any doms until i did the abs workout yesterday in my shoulders.i am excited that today i should be able to follow a rotation.i will start using a machine to help sleep wed and have started taking med to keep me up during the day.i am tired but awake and was able to workout in the morning!no naps!

laura

Great article, thanks for sharing. Having just completed P90X, I have to say that I really love the strength workouts, and yes, even Tony now. I've had incredible strength gains that I did not get from any other workout program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.