P90X type workouts

cathe4me2

Cathlete
P90X workout is a big topic of discussion. It seems like this type of workout is all the rage as it is different from the pre-exhaust type work outs. Looking at all the posters who would like heavier muscle building weight work, more kickboxing, more cardio on the floor, more intensity, tougher etc.. I'd like to put in my vote for this type of weight work in a series that only you can make. P90X has 12(13?) workouts in the series.... It might take a while to put it together? Just a thought! :9 Bring on the toughness!}(

I'll put my vote in too! I'd like a series that all went together in specific rotations for different goals (fat loss, muscle gain). One that would include enough workouts for a longer rotation. A series that included stetching, yoga or pilates workouts a couple of times a week. I'd like a plyometric workout that did not include the step, one that was sports oriented, one plyo exercise after the other for 1hr. Weight workouts that one could either choose lower rep. or higher rep. within that one workout. That would be a new thing in a Cathe workout. It would be great. Cathe could be doing 8 to 10 reps. and Cedie would be doing a 12 to 15 rep. for example. These could be very versitile workouts. And to also a separate killer ab workout that would include at least a few different rotines.

As someone else said. "Cathe will answer this series with one of her own." At least I hope so.

Count me in as another vote! (Cathe HAS to come up with something to take me away from P90X...it's soooo good!)

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a P90X type workout? I have everything Cathe ever did on video, and I'm lost.

It is the new power extreme workouts by Beachbody. You can view the trailers over at www.beachbody.com. There are 12 DVD's in this series which includes weight work with lots of pull ups, martial arts, yoga cardio with plyo jumps.... Those that have tried it for a month say it is a keeper.}(

One P90X idea I would like to see incorporated into a Cathe workout is how the weight workouts are set up. Shoulders and Arms has 4 cycles, each of which are repeated for a total of two sets. Each cycle contains a shoulder exercise followed by a biceps exercise and ending with a bicep exercise. After each cycle is done twice, there is a stretch and water break.

For Chest and Back, the exercises are supersetted, with a stretch and water break after every 4 exercises.

There are also chest/shoulder triceps; back/biceps and leg/back workouts. Enough to have two different weight rotations.

Cathe -- the more I read about this set, the more I want it ... but I know I would get bored with the lack of fun choreography. I want to work hard, but have fun while I work out, too.

I think if:

Plyo workout = IMAX 3 .. lots of jumping, hour long.
Kenpro workout = KPC 2 .. kickbox, hour long
cardio = lo-impact workout
core synergistics = core based workout .. functional fitness like TLP's
Yoga - hour long yoga
stretch - hour long stretch
abs - 20 min ab workout

weights:
chest and back - superset pull-up/push up based workout
shoulder and arms - weights
legs and back - ditto
chest/shoulders/triceps - ditto
back and biceps - ditto

you get lots of variety in the weights, and many groups are worked in more than one workout ... so I think if Cathe did it, instead like a S&H or PS 2nd series, it would fit the bill well.

My other complaint with this series is the lack of 'leg' weights, so if you threw in another L&G 2, it would be perfect :)

Oh my~

She could do it somewhat like CTX only call it Intensity Express!

Where can I preorder??

~kandy~[/img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif[/img]

I would definitely order a P90X series if made by Cathe. Cathe is the only instructor I really trust.

Clare

I would soo preorder this workout series if Cathe did one. My husband might think that I was crazy but it benefits him too. If I look good I feel better and can handle more stress. Anyway, it would be great!! if Cathe could, not could we know she could, it's if she wanted to do something like this. I with you guys, bring on the heat!

QUOTE----
"She could do it somewhat like CTX only call it Intensity Express!
Where can I preorder?? "

Count me in, too!!! I'm loving P90X, but I'd LOVE to have a similar series by Cathe!!

-Cynthia

A P90X type workout is quite different from CTX: weight days and cardio days are separate (which I believe is part of the reason that it gives such good results).

I would be first in line to preorder this series if Cathe made one. I'm reading all the hype on this and I want to order but afraid I won't like the workouts, won't like Tony, etc.

I would love to see Cate do a P90X-type workout series. It's the next step in fitness and it appeals to gym-lovers, strong women, and men too.

Boy Cathe could definitely take Beachbody's series up a notch - better music, better form pointers, less corny Tony-style chatter.

I would definitely buy it! And she could even package it in DVD sets for prices higher than her current workouts.

P-L-E-A-S-E Cathe!.....

One of the reasons that I'm not going totally nuts from not having P90X is because I'm praying that Cathe is going to come out with her own version!

Please, please, please, Cathe!!!:D

Oh, I would soooooo buy a P90X-style w/o from Cathe! Like another poster has said, she is definitely an instructor I trust to produce a thorough, quality, raise-the-bar, kick-butt program. I, too, am holding off purchasing P90X just because the mere idea of her coming out with this type of series is being mentioned! I just know I'd looooove her version!}( I'm not holding my breath, but I am dreaming...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.