Overall Shorts - cute or childish?

JulieL

Cathlete
I haven't worn these in YEARS, but every time I see them I think oh that is so cute. I was wondering for you fashion plates out there are these to drab or can you look cute in them w/a fitted shirt underneath?

Honestly? Childish and really out of fashion, in my opinion. Maybe that's harsh, especially because I used to own some of these, but every time I see a grown woman wearing overalls or "short-alls", I cringe. Just my 2 cents. ;-) }(
-Kate

i had some a couple years ago and thought they were cute..... haven't seen any in the stores i frequent lately though....

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I have a pair of overall (not shorts) and every once in a while, I love them! I usually wear a tight fitting shirt or camisole top under so I don’t feel so “flubby” in them ;)

I own a lot of overall shorts. I wear them because they are comfortable. They are not that popular anymore, they are hard to find (except on Ebay).

I still have one of these. I use them only when painting walls.:) I wear a fitted shirt underneath to keep hems and sleeves as far away from the paint as possible.

I stopped wearing this one pair a long, long time ago, in my 20s, when my then 2-year-old nephew told me, "Auntie, I have one exactly like that!"

Pinky:7

I have some in denim and still wear them casually in the summer, usually with a fitted tank top underneath. They're really comfy.

Personally, I think think they look just fine with my do-rag and Teva's!

>Personally, I think think they look just fine with my do-rag
>and Teva's!

I bet they do! ;)

I wanted to add that you can order them from victoria's secret too.

i just bougt some cari length overalls two days ago. they are baggy and cute and super comfy. they had short ones in all colors, but i have never worn overall shorts. those cross the line for me.

jes:+

I love my shorts overalls, they are so comfy and cute. I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing them as an adult.

You asked for opinions, here goes. PUKE!:eek:

Not a good look & hasn't been since the eighties with one hanging down. Even then, that was ridiculous.

Just IMO. :)

Marla

I have a pair of overall shorts with Winnie the Pooh characters on the front. I think they're cute. They're also childish, but I look at it as embracing my inner child.

Cute if you are 2-14 years old (maybe a bit older). Out of fashion and "trying to look young" if your older than that. But great if you just wear them for gardening!

Oh, I'm glad I read this thread. Got some...got to get rid of them, I guess.

However, I also have some really cute cropped overalls from Victoria's Secret that I've been saving for when I'm back in size 6. Are those OK???? I'm 44........ Oh, I think I answered my own question. WAH! :-(

For me, no way. I'm barely 5 feet tall and since I am no longer in my youth, they look ridiculous on me. I still have a pair, Gap size M, in good condition, if anyone's interested (no charge). I am not a fashionista by any means so I'll reserve comment on whether they are in/out of style. I have usually just worn what feels comfortable unless forced not to by a special occasion, etc. My favorite fabric is Polarfleece. I was very disappointed when my sister wouldn't let me have a PolarFleece bridesmaid dress.

Cheers!!
Lois:) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.