Overall Best Protein Powders...

Okay everyone...what is the best overall protein powder you have tried? That includes amount of protein per serving, taste, cost, nutrition, etc. I have only tried Nutiva Hemp (awful taste, but love that it's natural) and I don't want to stick to just one type/brand. Thanks for the input! :)

So far I have only tried Any Whey and Designer Whey. I just bought the designer whey on sale at Rite Aide for buy one get one free. It is normally about $34.00 for the 2lb size. I got one natural flavor that is pretty good and a vanilla flavor. I am don't care much for the Vanilla as it seems to have a strong after taste. The Designer Whey is 18g of protein per scoop and 90 calories but also has a small amount of cholesterol 45mg that I didn't notice when I bought it. I think the Any Whey is my favorite so far. I can mix it in low fat milk with some fruit or put it in oatmeal or other foods that you could not use flavored in like for baking or even soup. It has 17g of protein and 70 calories. It disolves very well also. The Any Whey runs about the same price. I think any good one is going to be in the $35.00 to $40.00 range for 2 or more lbs.

I researched the Any Whey and it looks great! No extra sugar or other additives! I also checked out Jay Robb's protein powders and they look really great as well. I will probably try both.

One question...is whey protein better than soy protein?

I would like to know wht the difference is betweeen protein powder drinks & whey protein powder. Kashi brand makes a protein powder with 28 or 29 grams of protein. does anyone know the answer to my question? Also, Trader joes carriers the designer whey & kashi

Karen

My absolute favorite is Lean Dessert Banana Pudding! I'm a chocolate lover but once I tasted banana pudding, I forgot all about chocolate. I add a banana in it and it really is so close to eating banana pudding.

My second favorite is their Fresh Cinnamon Roll flavor. I add that one to my oatmeal. :9

Research has shown that ionized whey protein is better assimilated in the body-making it superior to say, rice powder protein, or soy protein. Plus, in my experience, it does not cause bloating.:)

I use a medical quality whey isolate protein powder called UNJURY. In the past I had a real hard time with protein powder because the taste would make me gage. The Unjury unflavored is very palatable and I can put it in everything from oatmeal to drinks etc and it does not alter the taste of the food. Per scoop it is 80 calories,1g carb, and 20 g protein. There are other flavors avaliable and also on the go/travel packages. Also what i think is cool is they have a auto delivery program. If you know how much powder you go through in a month you can have that amount billed to your cc and sent on whatever day of the month you want it and shipping is reasonable too. You can reduce amount/skip or cancel anytime. personally i receive two jars the first of every month. This powder was recommended to me by another Catheite a few years ago and i thank her soo much for it. I included a link below. Sorry so long but I hope this helps.

http://www.unjury.com

Seconding Unjury. It's the only protein powder I can stand, and I think I have tried them all. Also, the husband-wife team who run this company are super nice.

Seconding Unjury. It's the only protein powder I can stand, and I think I have tried them all. Also, the husband-wife team who run this company are super nice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.