opting for gall bladder surgery bummer??????

acatalina

Cathlete
Well I see a surgeon monday afternoon.
I called my Dr. that never called me and she thinks i should have it done.
So, i called an Operating Room nurse client and she told me who was good.
She said, he had done tons and me, and if you go to him i can take care of you.Makes you feel better knowing someone who is a friend is taking care of you.
So who has had this done?
Recovery???
How long no workouts??? Biggest question
How much pain???
Did you feel better after??
How long should i take off work???( I am a stylist)
Is it pain like having a tubal?
Info, I am petrified of going under the knife.
Scarring on laproscopic??
Is it worth having it done????

Oh and my DH thought it was funny.
They're cutting out your parts.....
A**hole.

Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8227804&uid=3969941

Hi Anne, I have had this surgery, I had laproscopic surgery as well and I was only in alot pain the first day. I only used panadols for pain killers. The worst part was being able to sleep that night, just could get comfortable. I went home the next day, and by the next feel I was feeling well enough to go back to work of course I didn't. I was also not able to lift anything, which in itself was challenging since my son was only a few months old. But I working out lightly by the end of the second week. For the most part I feel much better than prior to the surgery. Every now and then I still get an ache where the gall bladder used to be. For me I have 3 scars under my right breast and tummy area and one through my navel.

I to was scared but I had not problem what so ever and I fell so much better than before.

Good luck on your surgery, also when I first found out I had to have this surgery I asked here to, so they should be a thread if you do a search for gall bladder search and some answers from some kind people who responded to me. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Shawna

I had my gallbladder removed about 5 years ago. It was a piece of cake. I had laproscopic and can't even see the scars any more. Can't remember how long before I was working out again so that means it probably wasn't long. Having my gall bladder out changed my life! I suffered with pain for years before an MD figured out what was going on. I no longer live with the dread of the pain sneaking up on me.

I had mhy gallbladder removed 8 years ago...recovery was ok... But I had a 3 month old baby when I had mine removed, so I couldn't just stay in bed. Make sure you discuss with your doc your diet afterwards.. as heavily processed foods.. (french fries,etc) will go right through you!!! Good Luck!!!

My sister just had this surgery a few months ago, and for her it was no problem at all. She didn't even have to stay the night at the hospital. It was done laparoscopically and was over very quickly. She had some pain, but not too bad, and she was up and around the next day. She works out some... not a whole lot. But I think she was able to do her regular routine about two weeks later - you just have to give the incision time to heal.

Definitely have the surgery done. I don't think you can get rid of gallstones any other way, and the pain will just get worse. Take care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.