one body part a day w/ cardio rotations ideas

delphene

Cathlete
Can you all post your favorite mish moshes for CTX like rotations that train one bodypart a day along w/ cardio?

MY SIL is having soo much success with this training split, it just works for her ! Problem now is she's bored of ctx and the timesaver dvd and needs ideas and suggestions on what other cathe dvds she can incoporate to keep it fresh! Anyone have any special,effective rotations using this concept? An hour is all she has but if its longer she'll have to modify!

I'm no help to her in this area since I'm horrible at creating rotations and follow fitnessfreaks faithfully-she spoiled me ;-)

Someone please spoil my SIL ;-)
TIA

I used The GS series in place of CTX weight work and LOVED it! She can set it up the way she would do CTX and it should still only take about an hour even if you add in ab work! The GS series is da' bomb!;)

I didn't see this post earlier. I am doing one body part per day this month. I'll be using a different series each week to mix it up. In the past I have used PS series & Pyramids forr one part per day. I will also add in GS this time around. Perhaps you SIL might like to try each series for a week at a time? As for cardio she can choose her own. If she owns Cathe DVD's the choice are almost endless for 30" intense cardio workouts to add to the one body paat per day.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.
Success is acheived by early preparation

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce9426d0892

Are you looking for something that would have the same length of time and intensity as the CTX rotations?

I know that A-jock posted a "Faux-CTX" rotation using the Hardcore series. If I remember correctly they each took about an hour and followed the CTX format, except that each week built in cardio intensity, but you could always sub different cardio or keep with the level of intensity where you were comfortable.
HTH,
Mattea

Also, can someone list the Cathe cardio options that are 30 mins or slightly more including premixes?

I'll also pass on any other recommendations you may have for other instructors! My SIL truly LOVES what one body part a day does for her physique and having these suggestions will be soo helpful and motivating for her to keep going ;-)

TIA

Dont forget the slow and heavy series for the one body part per day. Cathe has recommended that in past rotations.
For cardio, 30 min of any of the IMAXes is great. IMAX 2 and 3 also have blast only premixes,and IMAX 3 has a step only premix. On the IMAX 3 DVD is Lomax which has a blast only premix, adding the warmup to that makes it 31 minutes.
As a changeup from Timesaver consider doing the Kick Punch Crunch combos premix (timesaver just does the drills). I assume she may be getting tired of the SJP/Step Blast stuff on timesaver.
The Cardio Hits DVD has Step Works on it which is very fast paced and tough. You can do just the first 30 min or mix and match any segments. It also has Step Fit and Power Max on it which are really fun and medium intensity. I think it is a "good value" because you get 3 full step workouts, lots of chapters, plus the ab workout from Pure Strength.
If you can get a deal on Cardiokicks VHS the first 35 min is good cardio and kind of mix of floor and kickbox aerobics. Or buy the DVD to get CIrcuit Max thrown in. (Beware they have very few chapters though-so I rec a cheap VHS if you can get one.)
Cardio and Weights (from the IMAX 2 DVD) has a nice timesaver step premix at 35 min including the stretch, so its a 30 min cardio.
Lots of options! And DVD chapering makes it easy.
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.