On Demand Buffering

Stephie

Cathlete
Good Morning Cathe and friends,

My husband and I live in Burkina Faso and while we have pretty good internet for where we are when I tried the test video for Cathe On Demand it was pausing every second or so to buffer. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to download the video, say the night before you want to workout so that you don't have to suffer through all the buffering while you're working out.

Thanks so much for your help!

Steph

No, you can't download the videos as they're only streamed. If you're having trouble with buffering it is either due to the internet connection speed, wifi, or your device. You can select lower bandwidth options of our videos if your connection speed is below average that may help, but I would suggest running a speed test on a site like speedtest.net to see what your real download speed is and then report back here for further help.

Thanks! Yeah, I know it's our internet speed. When I did the speed test it was less than 1 mbps. lol I did try the lower bandwidth option which didn't help and I have a relatively new MacBook Pro which ought to be sufficient for streaming videos. I'm guessing On Demand won't work for me here which is a bummer. That would be perfect for my situation as in addition to living in Burkina Faso I travel all over the region. If I could have all my workouts on my computer that would be VERY helpful. I own every single one of Cathe's DVDs but it's hard to haul them overseas with our limited luggage allowances.

At 1 mbps it's just not possible to receive a good stream from us. Probably around 10 mbps is the minimum for streaming our videos, though some user's have been successful with 3 mbps. However, I'm sure at these low speeds the stream will often buffer too. You really need a reliable and continuous 25+ mbps to be in the safe zone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.