Older Step Workouts

rcsaros

Cathlete
I just did LowMax premix 1 (which was intervals 1-4) and enjoyed it. Wasn't sure I would since I don't really do step anymore.

I was wondering if any of the older Step workouts are similar to LowMax?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

I think maybe Step Works from the Cardio Hits DVD, as far as length and complexity comparing it to all of Low Max. The intensity of Step Works varies with each combo rising from the beginning and falling again at the cool down, vs. Low Max that rises for each blast throughout as well as rising in intensity towards the last combo. Think bell curve vs. crescendo? sort of.

That's just how I see it....:)
HTH

Linda

The choreography on the step cardio sections, not the blasts, of Low Max are like Rhythmic Step and Step Blast, not like the older step workouts at all. The older step features a lot of athleticism and explosiveness built into the workout. They don't feature blast intervals.

Clare

As funny as that sounds, when I first viewed Power Max, those outfits actually show off how "together" those girls are, when I watched it, yeah, that was all me baby...well, maybe not the outfit...:eek:....but then mine aren't all that much better....:D.... nothin' like watching how "easy" they make everything look.

As far as older workouts....I went into some of the Classics/Cardio Hits after doing Low Max, Low Impact Circuit, and Cardio & Weights...Step Works has Cathe giving pointers for low impacting the moves and as far as difficulty...for me I got similar numbers in HRM to Low Max, or should I say the most similar. I would say Rhythmic Step is more difficult choreography (a serious fun fest) and Step Jam easier, I picked this one up pretty quick, I'd say minutes to minutes Step Fit will keep you focused like Low Max right to the end, less intense, longish (tricky) cool down.

Step Blast...is way up there on impact/intensity even thought it's not a step interval cardio workout (on par with Imax 2) for me. Step Blast isn't that hard to learn.

I told you guys I just analyze everything to death....:)

I think for me, all Cathe's step DVD's have similarities, and it makes it that much easier to work from one to the next, I learned a lot of things about how to step by going back to the early ones, little tips here and there, and a variety of challenging moves.

Linda

Last edited:
After I posted that about the leotards, my daughter asked me what it meant, so I went on and found some video of those old workouts from the 90's. We did a lot of giggling. I remember doing those step workouts over and over. They were so much fun. But I no longer have a VCR, so I'll just have to replay them in my memory. And I used to have a couple butt-floss leotards too. Actually wore them in public at the gym, with my Jon Bon Jovi hair. LOL.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.