Oh, and don't get me started on Micheal Vick!

Liz66

Cathlete
1. He should go to jail for a longer time (I'm really bothered by this plea deal - shame on that DA)

2. He should not be allowed to play for the NFL - EVER

3. He should live in shame

Sorry - my mom used to call me "Ellie May" when I was a kids because I was always bringing 'critters' home. I love animals and this just sickens me...

Liz

I absolutely agree with you. I want him to get a long jail sentence. Who can we email about this. I sent an email thru the Humane Society thanking the DA for pursuing the case but added that I wanted to see more jail time for Vick. There is a letter in the NY Daily News today from someone asking for one year sentence for each dog Vick killed. I don't see how he can ever play for the NFL again because of public pressure and also pressure from other NFL players who must also be sickened by this.

>1. He should go to jail for a longer time (I'm really
>bothered by this plea deal - shame on that DA)
>
>2. He should not be allowed to play for the NFL - EVER
>
>3. He should live in shame

I agree!

Unfortunately, DA's make deals all the time : jails are often so overcrowded, they give what they consider to be less dangerous criminals (ie: not murderers) a 'break.'

I just hope that he is made to suffer by losing all his fans (again, unfortunately, there may be some that think he's more of a man for running dog fights), all his endorsements (present and potential future) and all his fame, and that he is greeted with boos and not cheers wherever he goes. And that NO ONE will offer to publish a book he writes.

I hope the SOB rots in Hell.

Anyone who will hurt an animal has the capacity to harm another human being.

And I don't care how great he is to the NFL, he needs to go to prison instead of mewling and puking....

There are equally talented athletes waiting in the wings.

I loathe what he and his scum bag associates did to those poor dogs.

I own a pit bull mix and he is the sweetest little fellow in the world.

Like my dogs' vet said, "Mean people raise Mean Animals"

OK, that is my rant on Michael Vick!

If you go to the PETA website, you can send a letter to Rick Goodell (NFL Commish). I've never done anything like that before, but I am just sickened by this.

I know there's a crowding problem in prisons and that deals are struck all the time, but darnit, I'm just so pissed!! Those animals are helpless victims. It's true - mean people raise mean animals, and there are those who think he's more of a man. I think he's a coward.

Maybe Ceasar Milan has something, too. He's especially fond of pitbulls and rotweilers since they've gotten a bad rap (thanks to mankind).

Liz

I think Liz & Kathryn are right--while I think what Vick did was vile & disgusting, I guess I'd rather see a child rapist or a murderer taking up jail space.

What they SHOULD do is fine his a$$ six ways to Sunday so he loses all his NFL/endorsement profits. Sadly I think a man like him would actually thrive in jail, but it'd be real punishment if he was left to fend for himself in the real world--make him get an actual job & try working for a living. Probably would be the worst punishment you could inflict on a piece of scum like him.

I agree 100%. This "man" needs to go away in every sense of the word. What I think would be appropriate is that they should retro-fit his prison cell with one of those "rape stands" they found on his property!! Give him a nice introduction to his roommates!!

Yes, he needs to be in a rape stand and take it like a bitch!

Sorry for the language, but I view him as a cold blooded monster.

I am not usually a violent person, but I think given the chance, I'd kick him in the shins.

OMG! I am sooo tired of hearing about the case though. Ugh!

We were watching the game last night (Colts vs. Bears) and honestly it seemed like every time the announcers could, they brought it up! Enough already!! And the statement he released through his attorney, Puh-leeze!!! It's being repeated over and over. Let's face it... the statement was prepared by someone else and it's just lip service. He doesn't care. I sincerely wish he was through and could never play in the NFL again. The whole thing is very sickening!! x(

Anyone know how to contact the Roger Goodell, the NFL Commissioner? I really would like to write him.

And I absolutely disagree about the "Enough already" comment. If it's not in front of us, we tend to ignore it and Vick is only one part of a very real problem that needs to be addressed.

Yes (I called him Rick, but it's Roger Goodell) - go to PETA.org and there's a link there for you to send an e-mail to Roger Goodell.

I've read that some of the NFL General Managers are speculating that he'll serve his couple of years and come out young enough to play and will likely be picked up by another team. I hope that never happens.

He's still trying to cover his a$$ and his PR people/lawyers are saying that people are speculating about what he's confessing he's guilty of, and it may not be as bad as everyone thinks. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't say I was guilty of a crime I didn't commit.

It's true that a lot of people are talking about this. I think I'm 'freshly' outraged because I didn't really consider him guilty of anything until he had his day in court. I remember his public statement, "I look forward to my day in court so I can clear my good name." I really try not to pass judgement until I have all of the facts. I think secretly I thought, "Oh this is so horrible, please don't let it be true."

<<sigh>>

Fortunately, the judge in this case, Hon. Henry Hudson, is known to be strict. It's been said that he uses the word "maximum" more than he does "minimum" or "probation." From what I've read, he doesn't have to accept any kind of deal that has been made.

>Fortunately, the judge in this case, Hon. Henry Hudson, is
>known to be strict. It's been said that he uses the word
>"maximum" more than he does "minimum" or "probation." From
>what I've read, he doesn't have to accept any kind of deal
>that has been made.

This is very true. A plea deal only contains 'recommended' sentencing..it's still the judges' call. I agree with Laura...I think he'll just be a celebrity in prison. I would much rather see him banned for life from the NFL and lose all of his endoresments, etc. then go to jail and then come out and play again.

As to whether he is really 'guilty' because innocent people accept plea deals all the time...I really don't care. He is saying that he is guilty which, to me and the legal system, is the same thing as him being 'found' guilty by a jury.

<And that NO ONE will offer to publish a book he writes.>
Wishful thinking indeed. And while we're wishfully thinking, it sure would be amusing to see him get hit by a steamroller. ooops! Did I just say steamroller?? ;-)

I'm just as sickened by this whole plea deal as you all are but I'm definitely not surprised. I knew that when this whole thing started he was going to be given a slap on the wrist. I know the judge has to still accept the deal and he's known for being strict but I'm just getting a bad feeling about it all. The fact that the NFL is being so leniant about it just infuriates me to the core.

``We will conclude our own review under the league's personal conduct policy as soon as possible,'' the NFL said in a statement.

I'm not quite sure what their guidelines are but I agree with Amy's statement above that if he's capable of drowning and electrocuting these innocent animals there's no telling what else he would do to other living beings.

Last night I was watching Nancy Grace and one of the ladies said something that I agreed with whole heartedly. She first off said that Vick is a coward for not coming forward and giving his own statement and that his future should be over in the NFL. He should have to go around and speak to people about the horrific acts he has plead quilty to and the consequences. Just like convicted drunk drivers sometimes have to go around to schools and educate the importance of not drinking and driving.

Unfortunately the only talking he'll probably do is to the person that's going to sign his book deal seeing that he's so good at having other people speak for him. Such a coward!! x(

Chastity

http://www.picturetrail.com:80/chastgirl0205

The other thing I have heard is that Vick should NOT be allowed near ANY ANIMALS for the rest of his life. I agree 100%.

>The other thing I have heard is that Vick should NOT be
>allowed near ANY ANIMALS for the rest of his life. I agree
>100%.

Guess he'd have to remove all the mirrors from his house & stop hanging out w/his buddies. }(

Oh, I'm glad of the plea deal. There are just too many things that could go wrong with a trial. Not to mention the jury pool. Unfortunately, there are still people who still look on Vick as a hero. (in Atlanta they showed people with "Vick for President" signs.)And there would have been no guarantee that his sentence would have been longer with a trial.

The main thing that I like is that he's had to admit wrong doing as part of the plea agreement, something he would never have done with a trial. If he'd been found guilty in a trial case, he could've still claimed that he was innocent, he just didn't get a fair trial, there'd be appeals, etc.

I'm also glad that the money won't have to be spent on the three-ring circus that this trial would have become.

>>Oh, I'm glad of the plea deal. There are just too many things that could go wrong with a trial. Not to mention the jury pool. Unfortunately, there are still people who still look on Vick as a hero. (in Atlanta they showed people with "Vick for President" signs.)And there would have been no guarantee that his sentence would have been longer with a trial.<<

I'm glad no trial as well. He could have been another OJ Simpson.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.