October 09 Check in Thursday 1st******

bitmover

Cathlete
Wow! It's October! and it's Thursday, so Kathy's sharing the computer. ;) Hope we don't have double threads.

Quickie this morning -- it's later than I thought! Lots to do! I did disc 2 -- back and triceps -- I went waaaaaayyyy lighter on the triceps than the first time around because I felt some funniness in my shoulder. The back stuff didn't seem to aggravate it at all, but I went a little lighter there even, just to be sure.

Chris, how was the fair? How are your legs today? Hello to everyone, but I need to run.....

Hi ladies!!

Beth, I know - I can't believe it's October already. Time to start thinking about Halloween. Were you still thinking of combining STS workouts to do upper body in one day?

I debated between Cardio Fusion and Insanity today. I was thinking of abandoning Insanity altogether. Well, for some reason I decided to do the next month 2 workout which is Maximum Interval Plyo, or something like that!! I really liked it - go figure! Although, that man can sure think of lots of demonic variations on pushups. I actually did eight pushups on my toes!! :) Go me!

Has Cathe posted a new rotation? I'll go check...

Chris, hope you had fun last night and your legs held up!

Hi to Kathy, Vilma, Hottie....

Joanne

OMG - I'm back. Cathe did post an October rotation. It's an undulating STS rotation and looks great! Ooohhh, now I'm torn. I may start this Monday and sub some of the cardio with Insanity workouts. Or just do it as is. Looks very cool, though.

Last edited:
Hey Girls!!!

October 1st!!!

Kathy started a thread too! I was torn, but yours was at the top!!?? :eek:

I do believe Kathy said she was doing KickMax today... have fun! (Ohhh the legs at the end!!!).

Beth: Sounds like you got a good workout today! I know, if you go too heavy for Tri's it can pull your shoulder, good job not pushing it. How has your shoulder felt this week?

Joanne: That's SO cool you liked Insanity today!! I know, that's how I felt about STS Legs Disc 3 yesterday, half dreading it, and then LIKING it! That's so neat when that happens. I know! Halloween this month! I love Halloween, except that it gets so COLD afterwards, it means snow is close. Ick. ... Oh! I didn't look at the Oct Rotation! OMG, I want to do it too! LOL!! Need to keep my eye to what I'm doing though. Crap!!!! Next time... Next time....

My legs aren't as bad as I thought this morning. My "arse" hurts mostly. They were jello yesterday after we got home from the fair though. We had a good time, in spite of it getting so cold! I'm glad I brought my neck warmer and gloves and layers!! But it just wasn't as enjoyable eating Blueberry Pie A La Mode when I was sooooo cold!! Didn't stop me though! I ate what I had on my "to do list". ;) The boys had a blast. They went on a bunch of rides and did a few games, where they won some cheapo prizes. Their favorite thing was the Mardi Gras style parade. They throw beads at everyone. They loved it! ... The boys kept us more into the "kid" stuff, and out of the adult stuff. I love going through all the buildings of crafts and stuff there. They have a building for EVERY New England state, and have things native to each state in all of them. And then have another huge building with booths for EVERYTHING, crafts, mops, pots/pans, fudge!. We didn't hit any of those buildings thanks to the kids loving the the Midway too much. A blessing in disguise I guess, because I always spend too much there!

This morning I had to go get fasting bloodwork done (My thyroid), so I grabbed a banana and a string cheese. Ate it afterwards, went to Walmart, grocery... Now I'm home and about to do: IMAX 2! and add on some abs of some sort too!

BBL!

I'm going to answer my shoulder question first since that comes into play in other conversations. :) My shoulder has been sore, not like DOMs, but not hugely painful, either, this week. I'm very aware of not pushing it. So..... I really do want to do the combined upper body on Sunday, but I'm wondering if that's really a stupid idea. I think I will see how I'm feeling Sunday morning. I sure wish she had some premixes with STS -- breaking out the body parts, or even an all upper body -- oh well!

Joanne, that's very cool that you liked the second part of insanity -- yay! And yes, good for you on the pushups!!!

Cathe's Oct. rotation looks too hard to me -- after jumping into meso 3 whenever that was -- ug, I'm just not sure I ever want to do it that way again. I feel like I really need to build up to the heavy stuff again. As I was putting my weights away this morning I looked at the 30 pound dbs and wondered of I'll ever use them again!

Chris, the fair sounds like so much fun!!! I wonder why they have it so late -- worried about it being too hot, maybe? Halloween will be here before we know it, but you know what's crazy? We usually have indian summer at halloween, and the kids just roast in their costumes, so I think of heat when I think of halloween. So crazy!

Hey Again!!!

Just got done with the entire IMAX 2 and then Med Ball Abs, just the one without the partner (love that one!). I wasn't normally going to do all that cardio, but with my "off" eating last night, I think I needed to burn a little more than usual. It went MUCh better than the last time I attempted it. (The Friday I first started getting the Flu. OMG, I thought I was broken when I did this one then!).

Beth, Your shoulder sounds ok. I don't know though. Almost seems like you should have it checked out by a "professional" if you still feel it and it's NOT DOMS. Maybe you have some arthritis or something more in it? or maybe you could get some therapy for it? Just saying. I know, you know yourself better than me. .... I didn't go look at the OCT 09 Rotation before I commented before. It actually doesn't look like anything I'd really want to do either. It has 3 WEIGHT days in a row, and then cardio. I don't think I could do that.

Actually, the weather the last few days is uncharacteristically cool! We usually are in the 70's this time of year. The Fair was for 2 and 1/2 weeks, and this is the last week. I wish Greg and I could go back without kids. But it's not do-able with his schedule. Drats!

So do any of your kids know what they want to be for Halloween yet?

Mine have been looking through magazines. Alex wants to be a black robed zombie, with no face (the face is blacked out with netting). Boys, huh? Jake picked out a cute Police costume, but it was MEGA expensive. He's not set on it, he's still looking. Not sure what Zach will be. He might be over costumes this year. (he just turned 14), but will go T or T'ing with his buddies, I'm sure!

HI everyone...

I guess I will join you all over on this thread..I thought it was strange that nobody else checked in yet. So, I looked again and say another thread..

Ok, today I did Kickmax...It was a great workout. I love the kick/punch combos at the beginning and of course the leg work at the end!!

Big hellos to everyone..I will try to get back on later and chat..

Hello again!!

Kathy, glad you found us! ;) I like the combos and legs of KickMax, too, but the blasts are tough.

Chris, I think only the first week of the Oct. rotation has the three weight workouts in a row. The other weeks are a bit more spread out. Didn't we all do a Cathe rotation a long time ago that was three days of weights, then three of cardio? The fair sounds fun! Too funny about the list of things to eat. That would be me. But you have to figure it's not like you're going to eat them everyday, right? It's cool here, too, probably in the high 50s now. It kind of came all of a sudden, so I'm still getting used to it. I'm always cold, so I'm with you - bring lots of layers and hats and mittens. I think Colin's football game is going to be cold this weekend. Time to break out the winter coats! JK - sort of!

Beth, I'd say definitely don't do the combined upper body if your shoulder is not feeling 100%. I know, Meso 3 wasn't my favorite, with the heavy weights. And, it has chest and back together, my two least favorite upper body parts to work.

My only child who says he knows what he wants to be for Halloween is Ian. He says he wants to be Michael Jackson. Not sure where that came from. Caitlyn says she doesn't want to go trick or treating cause it's too scary. She only wants to dress up for school. Don't know about the others. We may be having a block party on Halloween. It's risky, though since we have no idea what the weather will be like. But that would be fun.

I'm so tired - need a nap! Just an hour left of work and I can take a nap on the train!

Joanne

Hey Again!!

Glad you came over to the 'dark side' with us , Kathy! ;) Kickmax drills are intense, definitely!

Joanne
: I guess I was so intimidated by the first week of OCT 09, I stopped reading..LOL!. Do you think you'll do it? . Yep, it was in the 50's again today. I was pretty chilly, but didn't turn on the heat today. The house did warm up when I cooked supper in a HOT oven. And I have the thermostat set at 64, in case it goes WAY low over night. ..... OMG, Michael Jackson!. That's funny! (and scary!!!). Caitlyn sounds like SUCH a girly girl! I was kind of like that, but would never pass up trick or treating for CANDY!!! ME LOVE CANDY! :eek::eek:

Looking forward to curling in a ball, by myself, to watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice tonight!... But first: Homework Wars. :confused:

Kathy! Sorry for hijacking the thread! I guess I missed your post, or maybe we did it at the same time???? I dunno!

Homework Wars -- too funny.... that needs to be happening at our house right now, but I think we all need a little break!

Yes, my shoulder is definitely still twinging. Darn it!! I don't want to go see anyone. :eek: I will keep going light for a while and see if "time off" gets it better. Going to do that shoulder yoga again tomorrow, too. I just got her core one from netflix -- can't wait to try it!!

Halloween -- my kids already have their costumes!!! For some reason Dylan really associates his birthday with halloween costumes, so we almost always get them around the end of Aug./beginning of Sept. -- crazy, I know! Thank goodness they've never changed their minds on what they want to be! They know I've shelled out the dough already! Travis has worn a couple of those screen mask creepy costumes, Chris -- he is really drawn to them. This year, though, he's going as a creepy punk rocker -- he's got a fake leather jacket that has a sort of torn up body underneath it -- hard to describe and then a plastic wig thing that has a hard pointy mohawk. Dylan is going as Capt. Jack Sparrow, and in fact, had "Sparrow" put onto his soccer shirt as his nickname. Very into pirates these days.

Just had a 20 min. conversation with my mom -- I'd better get dinner going, homework going, etc!!! Where's the margarita?! (reminds me -- saw a kids' book at the bookmobile today entitle "The Tequila Worm". WTH?)

Beth: No problem..As long as we all find each other, we are good...

Ok, good night ladies...Off to do a little reading and then get some sleep!

Oh forgot to say...Chris hasn't told me what he wants to be for halloween this year. Lauren doesn't go trick or treating anymore. Last year she enjoyed handing out the candy and will do it again this year. That is unless they get invited to a party; which I hope they do. That would be alot more fun!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.