OA question

pjlippert

Cathlete
Hi Cathletes who suffer from Osteo Arthritis. So, my PT has been working wonders on my hip... here's my question. We've had an unseasonably dry Colorado Winter/Spring at least where I live. The cold front hit today and my hip has been bugging the poo out of me! :( Also, the OA in my knee seems to have flared up...is this an old wives tale or is it for real that barometric pressure & weather changes can cause painful joints to act up?

Thanks!
Pam

p.s. my next PT appt isn't until Tuesday. May need to up the visits.

Oooohh, me too!! I'm also in Colorado and my hip has really been bothering me more than usual today! I anxiously await a reply to your question. What has your PT been doing for your hip, btw?

I have bursitis in my hip and I have pain whenever it is going to rain so by my own experience I would say, Yes, for me the weather causes pain.

I also found MSM helps me.

It definitely makes my joints worse - it also gives me bad headaches when the barometric pressure changes. There's definitely something to it.

Hi all,

My PT said it DEFINITELY effects our joints. So, it's not just a myth. She suggested gentle stretching, extra fluids (especially those of us really dry climates) and bath soaks.

Glad it's not just in our imaginations!;)

Hi Colorado gals!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.