O/T: Must Move & Ask Your Help!

KathyH

Cathlete
Hi Everyone! I'm looking to relocate from here in NY to down south but not quite sure where I want to live. Need some guidance from all of you wonderful ladies and gents. My husband just lost his job and the market in NY is terrible. Don't think he's going to be able to find another one. Looking to move to either Georgia, North or South Carolina or Florida. I have a 10 yr. old son and was wondering what towns have a lot of children. Those of you who live in Florida is Zephyrhills a nice town? It looks very pretty over the internet but I've never been there so don't know. How is the employment market in these states? My husband was a sales rep for a major office furniture dealership. I'm hoping you ladies can help me. You've all helped me so much regarding fitness and nutrition I just know you can help me w/this. Thank you sooooo much! Best, Kathy

My parents actually live in Zephyrhills. It is pretty much a very small community - alot of retirement communities. Dade City is a little bit larger town about 20 minutes away. That is where both my parents work. Zephyrhills is about an hour away from Tampa (driving time due to traffic). If you have specific questions about Zephyrhills e:mail me at [email protected] and I'll past them onto my parents. We currently live in Southern Indiana but lived for 8 years in Atlanta, Georgia. The employment market in Atlanta is "if you're not working it's because you don't want to". This is a very transit environment - alot of people coming and going - so the job market is great. We loved the weather! My kiddos wore shorts to school all the way into November. The traffic is a bear! If you consider Georgia, check out a small town called Douglasville. About 20 minutes (on a good traffic day) outside of Atlanta to the west. That is where we lived. Very nice - reminded us of home (Louisville, Kentucky). Good luck in the move. It can be stressful especially if you don't have family near by to depend on but it is also exciting!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.