O/T-Jamaica Resorts-Sandals vs. Couples

ss's girl

Following on another thread my husnad and I are looking to go to KAmaica in December and was wondering if there is anyome out there who have been to bothe Sandals and Couples and which one you prefer and why.

Thnaks everyone!

Debbi

Hi Debbi,

I haven't been to Sandals, but thought that I would still go ahead and give you my thoughts on Couples. I stayed at Couples Swept Away in Negril -- the best time of my life. It is beautiful and has tons to do (or not do)! Everything is included. I recommend it all the time. I have heard some good things about Sandals -- although my buddy at work said he stayed at Sandal's Ocho Rios and that he thought where I stayed sounded a lot nicer. I would highly recommend checking out the message boards at Couples.com -- people post honest reviews of their trips there all the time -- although it won't help you with any information on Sandals.

Either way you will have a great time. I would love to be in Jamaica all warm and toasty right now!!

Monica

My husband and I have been to 4 different Sandals. Last year we spent 6 days in their newest resort- The Whitehouse. The WH is truly elegant, and by far the BEST beach we've been to. We are planning to return to the WH this year. Eventually, we stay in St. Lucia. The Sandals in Montego Bay are small- we liked that too. Whitehouse is HUGE! ALL the rooms face the ocean. You can choose the lowest room rate and wake up to the sounds of the ocean. This is a big plus for us, because ocean view is on the top of our vacation list.
We like Sandals because they are an upscale, conservative establishment- No nude beaches.

Here is a message board for Sandals and other resorts.
http://chris-n-cheryl.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/

Oh, because Sandals WH was built on a 500 acre reserve, the first few years they had problems with sand fleas( you'll find this on any beach). Last year we spent day and night on the beach- using Avon's skin so soft- and didn't get one bite.

My MIL & FIL spent a week at Couples Swept Away in Negril and had a wonderful time. They have a clothing optional pool area, but from what I've heard- it's well hidden.
The key to choosing a resort is to make a list of what is most important to you.

Our list looks like this....

Couples only
Beach
Peace and Quiet when we want-
Good Food- Elegant dining- Sandals has very good food!
Choice of activities when we choose.

Been to Jamaica once. Stayed at Grand Lido Braco. LOVED IT!
My DH and I are looking to go back in Feb. We will be staying at the couples. We are doing the couples rendevous. It's a discount, the catch is you don't know which Couples resort you will be staying at until 7 days before departing. The price makes it worth while, and all the Couples looked pretty nice.

F.Y.I : A good friend of mine is a travel agent, and has send many to Couples Swept Away Negril. She says people rave about it! Hasn't heard anything bad about it from her clients. A more relaxed atmosphere than the other Couples on the island.

Alicia:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.