Nutrition

Sabrina

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I am really confused about what to eat etc. I have taken a nutrition course through the gym I go to and was taught to eat 6 small meals a day and eat 1100 calories one day, 1400 the next. I find this hard to do when working. Also was told oatmeal is a great way to start the day, I really don't like oatmeal, I have tried to eat it, but yuk!!! I like eggs so I usually have 1 egg and 2 whites with mushrooms, onions. I was doing protien shakes for snack time, but I almost think they were keeping wieght on. I am a small person 4'10 and I know I need to lose at least another 10 lbs and I can't seem to lose it. I have been trying to follow weight watchers because I find it easier to follow points than calories. Can you give me some input, I sure would appreciate any input from any one. Thank you

eliminating protein shakes

I agree that those last 10 pounds are hard! I know a few people (myself included) who do better without protein shakes/bars...they do seem to keep the weight "on". I get better results with good, light food: fruits, veggies, small carb servings, and moderate protein. Your eggs-for-breakfast is a good way to get some protein in. Follow with a small & healthy sandwich for lunch, and a salad & fish/chicken/veggies for dinner, and snack on a piece of fruit or a non-fat yogurt. This works for me, (and I can't help but feel it is healthier than packaged shakes/bars/powder, etc!)

Hi Paula

Thanks for your input, that's exactly what I had for lunch, Wieght watchers bread, turkey, tomatoe, lettuce. What your doing makes more sense to me than having breakfast, then shake for snack, then lunch, shake for snack, dinner, and another shake, This is what I was told to do believe it or not, I would be as wide as I am tall, and I am not very tall.

Hi Sabrina!

Welcome to the forum. Since you are new, you are probably not aware of the fact that I do not like to give out specific nutritional advise to anyone. I try to stick to general advice. Please don't take offense to this. It's just not my area of expertise. This is the job for a qualified registered dietician. Someone who can work with you one on one and will determine what you need based on a personal evaluation.

I will, however, tell you that in my honest opinion, weight watchers is an excellent program which practices healthy and safe weight loss. If you are able to continue working with them, I highly recommend it.

Personally, I think that a sound fitness program(which I would be happy to advise you on)in combination with a sound nutrition program(which weight watchers will provide)plus your added determination, focus, and consistency will provide you with the healthiest and most fit physique that you can possibly achieve. Good luck and please let us know how you are doing!

Cathe

Thank you so much for your input, I will follow weight watchers and by the was love your PS series, did my first one today back/biceps and abs.
I love it!!!, I have found to be very weak in my biceps, and never seemed to workd them that great. Your tape gives me motivation to work hard!!! Thank you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.