Nov. LIS, Week 3/11/12-3/17/12

tricia

Cathlete
Hi There,

Sorry I disappeared this weekend. I didn't see a new thread, so I just decided to get one going. Friday turned into a hectic day, so my workout was not to be. Then we had planned a hike on Saturday - 5 miles in a Nature Preserve (40 Acre Rock in Kershaw, SC), lots of up & Down hills. That was really fun. Took my MIL, our two dogs and three kids and took off for the day. Surprisingly, none of us were too sore on Sunday. I did decide to have an off day, because my little boy wanted to do his Little Kicks workout and I had to let him. I did a little bit with him, but not enough to count! And today we had to go get my DH a rental vehicle, which killed my workout time again. I hope you've had more luck than me these past few days!

I'm going to pick up with Afterburn, which is the Monday of week 3, tomorrow. Wish me luck! The weather has been beautiful here, BTW - I'm a transplanted Yankee originally from Pennsylvania, now living in South Carolina & I love the weather here!

Just checking in really quickly to say I just did Afterburn Intervals #1-5 before I go pick up my daughter from Girls on The Run. I plan to come home and finish intervals 6-10, unless my DH gets home before us, then I will have to wait until later tonight to finish. But I am DETERMINED to do the rest of the workout today!

It's gorgeous here today, 74 and sunny. How's the weather in your neck of the woods today?

Editing to say I did come home and finish my workout - woohoo!!

Last edited:
Great job on finishing! As predicted I'm having a terrible time getting back into it since feeling sick. My momentum is gone and I have no motivation to get back on it (even though I know I feel so much better when I do!). I finally got the urge to exercise this afternoon, but had no time. Won't have time tomorrow either, so I'm so hoping I can get my butt up and out of bed thurs morning and get it done!

The weather has been so crappy here lately. It snowed here. It's not supposed to be snowing here. I need summer to come quick! I need some natural vitamin d!!!!!!!!

Hi all, I have been out sick, a gift from my 4 year old. I missed two days of work, but I am back now. I still have a little stuffiness, but I am up and about. No work out these past two days and today, but I do plan to go outside with the kids, it is so nice today. I hope everyone is okay out there.

Hi again,

I am just popping in to say I did NO workout today, :( - it was just too busy today. But, there's always tomorrow and I'm off work, so the day is wide open. See you later,

We aren't doing so well! Haha!!!

I'm hoping to get a workout in tomorrow morning. This time change has been tough for me!

Good luck tomorrow guys!

Sort-of did kickboxing today. I love kickboxing and could not find something "easy" to do when coming off a cold. Funny, I was afraid to do any of the LIS stuff. I could not think of anything to do that would not cause me to pass out in five minutes. I could at least do low kicks and cut down on the punches, and etc. with the kickboxing. Any suggestions for the future?

I am in the same boat as you kblvr. The time change still has me messed up. The being sick and sleeping all day and awake all night has not helped either. Plus I still have this kink in my neck!

Hi to everyone.

Murphy

Does anyone else feel bad/guilty about doing the TBT UB 20 min. premix? I like it but I feel like I should be doing more. But then I feel happy that I did something. Okay, guilt-trip over. :)

Happy (early) St. Patrick's Day.

Murphy

Today I did Circuit Blast. I really like this one. I think it's "HIiT" factor will get me in the mindset to go back to the rotation. I have been avoiding afterburn but I think it it time. :)

Murphy

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Hello everyone,

I seem to be on a weird trend, I do well for a few days and then life happens and I get totally thrown. I must consider working around my work/off day schedule! I thought Thursday would be a great workout day for me, instead I spent the day getting the house back to some semblance of order, talked to my sister for a good long catch-up session, and before I knew it, the time came to pick up the kids from school. BTW - my oldest daughter had a Talent Show at school that night, and so the evening hours were spent there. (She did amazing, I must say - I am one proud mom!) Yesterday I worked and it turned into a full day at work. Friday nights are our Family movie night, so here I sit, once again, having missed two days in a row. Frustrating, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Just get back to it - hopefully, Low Impact Challenge will get me back on track today.

I hope you are both feeling a little better and can enjoy the day. :D

Editing - It was too gorgeous today, so we did a family walk around our neighborhood, which is a mile loop. It was more of a jog/walk since the kids were riding bikes and my DH and I had the dogs - it was a nice brisk loop.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.