Not enough lower body work in Muscle Max?

fitgoddess

Cathlete
I noticed that Muscle Max has just 3 lower body segments (squats, static lunges, and leg presses), and the rest is all upper body, and then of course the abs.

Is this OK? Is there a reason there is not much lower body work? Am I getting an appropriate lower body workout with Muscle Max?

Hello, fitgoddess!

I actually just did this workout this morning. There are many sets of squats. I believe there is a warm up set with 10 lb dumbbells, and then onto a 45lb barbell for squats. She runs through a sequence for squats and static lunges. From here she goes to some upper body work. Then she revisits the lower body with a 25lb dumbbell for plie squats. Leg presses are next with the dyna band.

I think that the logic of this video is an overall workout instead of concentrating on just one part. I use it during weeks I don't have time for individual work in each area. For me, it is a good amount of leg work...but that area is very easy for me to build up.

Do you have Butts and Guts?? I think you would be very happy with it if you are looking for a fine leg burning workout! :D My legs scream the next morning from it. }(

xoxo, neicebug

also leg muscles are larger muscles and you can hit them all with a few exercises whereas upper body muscles are smaller groups. in MIS there is 20 mins. of leg work and she does variation of squats and lunges to hit all angles of the lower body while the upper body is between 40-50 mins. including the abs.

and the old saying quality over quantity.correct form will always work over many reps with poor form. and how heavy you lift effects results too.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

http://images.meez.com/user03/06/01/04/060104_10010099873.gif

I do think there is a bit ***less*** lower body work as compared to her other total body workouts but I think that has it's own beauty. I grab this one weekly to do the day after a hard run or after a really long run...when my legs are pooped but I still want to get some blood and oxygen gushing to the muscle.

When I am rested and ready for more, I grab the ME or HSTA.

Let us know after those plie squats in MM, if you wished there was more.;)

Just teasing, this workout is a real goodie.

Sandra

Ugh...the plie squats!!!!!!!! The first set is cool. The second set...my Lord!! Towards the end, you can hear Cedie say "4 more" and it just sounds like torture!!!

oh yeah...I forgot about the plie squats....probably because I did not do many of them!!!!!!!!!!!! I just could only do so many. It's good to hear the rationale behind the ratio of upper work to lower work. I trust Cathe and the workouts...I just like to know the reasons for things, because it makes me that much more knowledgeable about fitness and working out. I know lots already, but I am always looking to know more as I take my fitness to the next level.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.