Nor' Easter Snow Storm

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
So who else got hit with the Nor' Easter and has a snow day today as a result?

I live on the central jersey shore line and we got DUMPED ON plus the winds were unbelievable. One of my doors is snowed shut! Gonna have fun shoveling out of this mess but atleast we have all day to do it.

I'm in Virginia and we got about 10 inches yesterday. I love the snow and it made it even better that I was off yesterday and today so I don't have to worry about getting out on the roads. Believe me, most Virginia drivers don't do great in snow :(

I live in southern NY and we got about a foot. The winds right now are brutal! I already had off today so I don't mind ;)

Yes I live in central of NJ and got about 18" of snow. Thank god my whole family was home to help shovel the snow!

Northeastern PA here and we got about 6-8 inches. But it's all getting blown and drifted by the crazy wind. They've closed the roads, so I guess I CAN'T go anywhere even if I WANTED to! LOL

Be safe everybody!

We got about 12 inches at my house in SE VA. Our localities use the "wait until it melts" method of snow removal so it'll be here until it gets warmer later in the week. We got some plant/tree damage from the weight of the snow---it was wet and heavy and broke some branches of a really old wax myrtle in our yard. It makes me sad. Snow looks so pretty as it falls and all is so quiet, but the flip side is the damage it can do. This is the third largest snowfall in 100 years for our area!

Glad everyone is staying safe!

I feel horrible for those poor people who were stranded on the parkway here in Jersey over night.:(:confused:

We got about 2 feet here i think....

Some parts of Jersey got almost 30"!!!:eek:

Last edited:
I'm not there to experience conditions first hand. It really does look quite worrying from the footage on the news. They're showing that the storms have actually paralyzed eastern parts of the States due to lightning, thunder, high-wind AND snow...it's like a 'quadruple-whammy', if there's even such a term! Seems like what Europe experienced before Christmas has made it's way across the Atlantic. Hoping those affected make it through safely. Take good care.

Snow looks so pretty as it falls and all is so quiet, but the flip side is the damage it can do. This is the third largest snowfall in 100 years for our area!

True, so calming and wonderful to look at when falling gently (and one is safe and warm indoors, dreaming of ski slopes ;)), but the aftermath often has more serious implications.

Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!! We live in Colorado and as many of you know, Monument usually gets pummeled with snow this time of year but it has left my DS and I dreaming of a White New Years!!

Hang in there with the shovel-fest East coasters!

Pam

Oh, yes! I love the stuff - but unfortunately I'm not home in NY enjoying it. I'm stuck in Waukesha, Wisconsin, as part of all the travel delays. Still no idea when I can get a flight back (I'm guessing Wednesday) and want to get home. At least I'm in a hotel and not sleeping at the airport!

Oh, yes! I love the stuff - but unfortunately I'm not home in NY enjoying it. I'm stuck in Waukesha, Wisconsin, as part of all the travel delays. Still no idea when I can get a flight back (I'm guessing Wednesday) and want to get home. At least I'm in a hotel and not sleeping at the airport!

Safe travel vibes heading your way!!!! Sorry you are stuck but yes, you are right. Atleast you are in a hotel. Take care.

Glad everyone is staying safe!

I feel horrible for those poor people who were stranded on the parkway here in Jersey over night.:(:confused:

We got about 2 feet here i think....

Some parts of Jersey got almost 30"!!!:eek:

That would be my part. :D At least 30 inches. When I walked out my door to start shoveling the snow came up to my hips. :eek:

I took a couple of pics. Here's my puggle, about 24 inches tall, standing in the middle of the little area I shoveled out for my two stubborn little dogs.

BTW, whileI do feel badly for those stuck on parkway, turnpike, etc on Sun night, I have to wonder, do they not watch the weather?????? What on earth were they doing out in the middle of a blizzard?????????

Attachments

• Penny 122710.jpg
    Penny 122710.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
BTW, whileI do feel badly for those stuck on parkway, turnpike, etc on Sun night, I have to wonder, do they not watch the weather?????? What on earth were they doing out in the middle of a blizzard?????????

That's what DH said and you are both absolutely right! I have never heard of such a thing happenening before though! As dumb as it was to be out in the weather, I'm thinking NONE OF THEM imagined that that would happen! :eek: Just blows my mind! WOW. Glad everyone made it through ok. If it were me, I think I'd get out and start walking. I couldn't be trapped in my car that long! No way. :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.