NOOk Users

Jenn38

Cathlete
I want to download the NOOK onto my iphone but I'm just wondering will I be able to read the book that I have on my NOOK also on my Iphone? Do any of you do this and how do you keep track of where you are from one device to another? Is it hard to transfer purchases from one to another? I know apple just made some crazy policy that you can no longer make purchases directly from the app.. What are your thoughts on the NOOK app if you use it?

Thanks,

Jenn

I want to download the NOOK onto my iphone but I'm just wondering will I be able to read the book that I have on my NOOK also on my Iphone? Do any of you do this and how do you keep track of where you are from one device to another? Is it hard to transfer purchases from one to another? I know apple just made some crazy policy that you can no longer make purchases directly from the app.. What are your thoughts on the NOOK app if you use it?

Thanks,

Jenn

I have the NookColor, but not an iPhone. My NC is rooted (full access to the Android OS and Market), so I don't remember exactly where it is on a non-rooted device, but in one of the settings for the Nook you can choose to have the books sync across devices. As long as you have your WiFi on and the sync option on, wherever you leave off on one device, it will pick up there on the other. Even without syncing, though, you can read any book on any device that has the BN/Nook app. Again, I don't have the iPhone and don't read across devices since I don't have any desire to read a book on my Droid phone. But this is how it works, in theory.

Since my NC is rooted, I don't have the stock BN software, and use the Nook app. I like it okay, but it's not as nice as the stock NC software. You can't create shelves with it, for example. You can still change the background and font colors and text size. Any book you buy from BN will be available on any device on which you have downloaded the Nook app. Anything new will show up in your library with a "download" notice on the cover, no matter which device you used to purchase it. (I hope that made sense.)

The app I prefer, and I believe it is available for iPhone, is Aldiko. You can't use it on an unrooted NookColor, though. With it you can create "collections" rather than shelves, and set it up to be able to download books direction from the library and other sources without having to your PC (or Mac) to download them and have to sideload them to the Nook.

If you don't know about rooting a NookColor, and want more details, this is a good resource on Facebook.

Hi Nancy thanks for the tips. I have a first edition and I can't find anywhere in the settings how to sync them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.