NJ Road Trip dreams

Leane

Just wanted to share that I had my 1st 2012 road trip dream last night! :p

I had plenty last year, before and after the trip. But this was the 1st for 2012.

LOL! I'm sure others can relate.

I have RT dreams too but it's usually I forget my shoes. One year I dreamed I forgot all my workout clothes!! That was stressful LOL
Tracy

I just had my first road trip dream too. I was watching the pre-registration from home on a web cam and was going to text TexasLaura to save me a seat when I said I just need to get there myself. I saw Jenn on the web cam as well as a bunch of new faces. When I got there we had to go through a pile of shirts that were in alphabetical order to find our own. Mine wasn't in the pile, but there was one labeled "spanish speaking Jean" and since I do not speak spanish, I knew it wasn't mine, lol. Melissa was trying to help me find mine, but then I woke up.

Jean

Hey Jean,
You know I've got got your back in Chicago; I'll save you a spot AND keep your tee shirt safe for you. However, you're gonna have to find someone else for Glassboro. (sad face).

Tracy-at Disney last year your dream was a true nightmare for one road-tripper. Her suitcase never arrived so she had to scramble for clothes and work-out clothes the entire weekend!

I didn't realize there was a thread for NJ road trip dreams...I just posted this under Chicago, but since it actually is about NJ, I'll post it here. Really hoping Cathe's gym is more manageable than it was in this nightmare!

Trixoo said:
I have to admit that when I first read this thread, I didn't think I'd be dreaming much about the road trip. BUT, last night I had quite the nightmare. It was actually about the NJ road trip. FYI, I've never been on a road trip or to Cathe's gym.

Okay, so we've just finished up our first class and head to the restaurant (inside Cathe's gym!). As we're sitting down to eat, I realize that I didn't pack any other workout clothes. Ewwww, I'm thinking this isn't going to be good. Before I can get anything to eat, it's time to go off to our next class. I get up to leave, but wait! Where's my purse? I look around and see it hanging off a chair at the end of the table. I bend over to grab it, but when I stand up, Cathe and all the Cathletes are gone.

I run out of the restaurant into the hallway, but don't see anybody from the group. I start walking/running to see if maybe I can find them, but this place is packed. The hallway is like the "hallway" of a mall but not as wide and, in fact, it's lined with lots of really cool stores I've never heard of. One of them sells fitness wear, so I make a mental note to come back and buy some workout clothes. By now I'm really upset. I'm fighting the crowds, but I don't see Cathe or the Cathletes anywhere.

I go up to the next level (yep, multi level). By now I've walked/run a few miles (this is a big gym!) and I'm getting more and more upset as I realize that not only am I missing the next class, but if I don't find the group, I'm going to miss the entire weekend. I've been asking random people in the crowd and random store clerks (man there's a lot of stores) if they know where Cathe is or where the road trip workouts are, but nobody knows. A lot of them look at me like I'm crazy...like this isn't even a gym. None of them have heard of Cathe.

I go up another level (seriously, this is huge place and while it's supposed to be a gym, all I see are stores and huge crowds of people, like the mall the weekend before Christmas). I stand there and cry for a while because I'm so upset. Turns out this is where the movie theatre is(!). I can even smell the popcorn. I see a security officer and flash back to when I was in first grade and lost at the zoo with 2 boys from my class, we saw a police officer and hoped he could help us. The boys thought he was more likely to help us if I was crying (this really did happen and the officer did help us, although I couldn't work up a cry, so we spit in our hands and put the spit on my checks...really, you can't make that kind of stuff up. In my own defense, I was 6 and scared. Plus my mom was a chaperone on the trip and I knew she would be mad that of all the kids who got lost, one of them had to be me). Okay, back to the dream.

I approach to the security officer and explain my dilemma. The security officer actually knows what I'm talking about and gets on his walkie talkie to locate the group for me. I make a mental note of where the movie theatre is so that I can come back to catch a flick and have some of that popcorn.

And then I wake up. What is most remarkable about this dream to me is that I RARELY remember any dream I have. This happens maybe once or twice a year. At least this dream was memorable. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.