New Year's Eve

fitdeb

Cathlete
Every year-end we look forward to the new year to come and to reflect on the year that has passed. No matter what side of "things" you are on, I believe we can all agree that 2020 was, well, a MESS. For some maybe just a "the toilet backed up" kind of mess and for others a "stinking tidal wave of sewage hit my house" kind of mess.

So for some light-hearted fun, I was wonder, do you all have any "special" plans to to tell 2020 to go "bleep" off? (real or fantasy plans).

For me, my fantasy plans are to contact ACME Company (the one in the Road Runner cartoons) and drop a nice big safe of 2020 and be done with it. In reality, I will be drinking a moderately priced bottle of prosecco and eating a full bag of Cape Cod Potato Chips.

Deb

Every year-end we look forward to the new year to come and to reflect on the year that has passed. No matter what side of "things" you are on, I believe we can all agree that 2020 was, well, a MESS. For some maybe just a "the toilet backed up" kind of mess and for others a "stinking tidal wave of sewage hit my house" kind of mess.

So for some light-hearted fun, I was wonder, do you all have any "special" plans to to tell 2020 to go "bleep" off? (real or fantasy plans).

For me, my fantasy plans are to contact ACME Company (the one in the Road Runner cartoons) and drop a nice big safe of 2020 and be done with it. In reality, I will be drinking a moderately priced bottle of prosecco and eating a full bag of Cape Cod Potato Chips.

Deb
Love this and love your plans for New Years. I for one didn't have certain issues others may have had. My biggest issue is that my health issues changed this year, esp. since about June. Mine felt like your "tidal wave of sewage" because it's just been one thing after another. I haven't been able to keep up my workouts as consistent as I usually do and have gone days without being able to workout. I've been feeling like crap a lot of the time and when I don't, I'm almost too depressed to even want to workout. I'm to the point that I want to blow up my whole life and just start over again somewhere else and not tell anyone because maybe that could be a reset of everything, including my health. But I know that's not reality so I'll join you with the big safe, please add my name to it. My husband and I will be watching movies and having homemade oatmeal cookies, mine with dark chocolate chips in them and some sweet iced tea (I don't drink any type of alcohol) while my 2 dog babies chew on something special I will make for them. Time to kiss 2020 goodbye and get a better 2021!!!

Well I plan to dress up in heels and a dress..make fun drinkies drinks and zippy appetizers.

Yes I'll be home but I'm having a one woman party anyway!

2020 can suck it! I'm having fun IN SPITE OF YOU!!
I'll be at home with my dog Cooper and watching TV!!! All I can say about 2020 is THANK GOD LIQUOR STORES ARE ESSENTAL!!!! Ciao 2021 And Rome Italy!!

This year has been tough since I was not able to hang out with my best friend - my sister - she lives in California and we are both in our early 60s, with medical issues, so we promised each other to sacrifice one or two years of not visiting and resume when it's perfectly safe (virus is practically gone away). I do not like working from home - so that was an adjustment but totally grateful to still have a job.

I am going to take a 2020 calendar (not Cathe's calendar, no way), rip it up and then say "f--k off".

Here in Auckland NZ we had a big New Year's Eve celebration with thousands of people flocking to the city to see light displays and fireworks. I wasn't one of them. We had a small gathering of 7 people at my next door neighbours house and watched the fireworks on TV. Even though we are supposedly Covid free we still have cases coming into our managed isolation facilities regularly and it only takes a slip up at the border to reintroduce cases into the community as we have seen recently with Australia. It just isn't worth the risk. Every time the media goes on about how we can have large gatherings without masks and hold sporting and music events with crowds it makes me cringe. People are just being too complacent here.

Late reply.....I live near the Herr's snack factory, which hosts a holiday lights display every year, so DH and I spent New Year's Eve driving through it. Then, after enjoying some wine at our house, we celebrated the New Year in my family's tradition....at the stroke of midnight we opened both the front door and the back door of our house simultaneously. It represents letting out the old and welcoming in the new. Works every time to bring in a new breath of air. Happy New Year to all of you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.