New Turbo Jam Infomercial with Sculpting Gloves

BAM

Cathlete
I never thought I'd be interested in Turbo Jam but I just saw the latest infomercial and it actually might be calling me. I'm an intermediate exerciser and I don't like a lot of jumping, high impact or lots of twisting (back problems) and this one seems to be pretty doable for me. I don't think it has all the same dvd's as the original Turbo Jam. They now added weighted gloves to this series and it doesn't appear to be very fast paced which is why I'm finding it appealing. If anyone has this or knows how it compares to the original, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Bam

Hello,

I have all of the Turbo Jam workouts. As a matter of fact, I just did Cardio Party 3 today, with the weighted gloves, and the workout was awesome. What a lot of people didn't seem to like about Turbo Jam was that it can be a little dancy. I actually almost sent my original set of workouts when I first got them. I was having a hard time getting into it. However, after I did the basic workout a couple of times, I was able to pick the moves up rather quickly. The 2nd set of workouts you are referring to, "Maximum Results", are more intense than the original workouts. Especially when you add the weighted gloves to them. If you like kickboxing, I think you will like T.J.

Thanks Iris for your response. So would you say Maximum Results is less dancy than the other ones? I think that is why I haven't been drawn to this before because I wasn't into the dance factor and this set seemed to have less of this. Am I correct?

Thanks again.

Bam

I too avoided TJ due to the dancy nature. You have my interest with this new workout. Anyone else have input regarding these workouts? Are they as effective as the product claims? I'm going to a wedding back home third week of october and really need to be "lookin good" which translates into dropping about 13 lb. ouch!

I LOVE Turbo Jam. The weighted gloves came with the last TJ DVD's I ordered, but I already had weighted gloves that I use for Cathe's kickbox workouts. Acutally, I prefer my own gloves. The gloves from Beach Body are strange with a thumb hole and 2 finger holes. I have long, thin fingers and the velcro barely fits around my hand. Personally, I think the gloves are skimpy and cheap. That being said, the weighted gloves definately up the intesity of the workout.
Although I adore Cathe and own almost everything she has produced, I like to change things up and Turbo Jam is very different. I do enjoy the dancey aspect of TJ and Chalene Johnson has a great personality. When I need something with high fun-factor, I reach for Turbo Jam :)

Sarah

I love Turbo Jam! (Especially when I am short on time!) I always break a sweat and you can do the "turbo's" as many times as you want :) It's a fun change of pace.

Thanks everyone! As long as this new set isn't too dancy, I think I'll be fine. I know I can always send them back but of course you lose your $12.95 shipping. Is the best place to buy it on their website? Thanks again.

Bam

In my opinion the new set of workouts is more athletic, less dancy. Especially Punch, Kick & Jam. The moves that are dancy, aren't really difficult. You just shake it your own style. The copoeira moves may take a little getting used to, but boy does it work the abs. I had put my T.J.'s away for some time, and just recently started doing them again, and I love them. I think you should get them. Like you said, if you don't like them, you can always send them back.

One thing I'd like to mention is that I also am not crazy about the gloves they sent me. Mine sound different than the other poster's. It has a whole for each finger, but it's kind of awkward with the sand sitting in a ball in the palm of your hand. I have a much more comfortable pair I picked up at Target for less than $15. Also, I prefer to use 1 Lb. gloves. The ones that came with my T.J.'s are 1 1/2 Lb. You can also use 1 lb. dumbells instead, which I actually do use when I don't want my hands to get all sweaty from using the gloves.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Iris! I wonder if I can buy just the DVD's without the gloves at a lower price. It sounds like I'd do better with another pair. I'm going to look into this. I'm starting to really look forward to getting it. Now I just have to do some price shopping. :)

Bam

>Thanks Iris! I wonder if I can buy just the DVD's without the
>gloves at a lower price. It sounds like I'd do better with
>another pair. I'm going to look into this. I'm starting to
>really look forward to getting it. Now I just have to do some
>price shopping. :)
>
>Bam
Let me know if you find them seperately. I am thinking of doing the exact same thing. Thanks!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.