New to Forum: Workout Schedule

aj25

Hi Everyone-I'm pretty new to this forum-I was wondering wondering when most of you workout during the day? Monring, Evening, both?

Hey There and welcome to the boards:) I am most definitely a morning exerciser it just works best for me. Now that the weather is nice I usually go for a bike ride or a brisk walk after dinner but don't really think of it as a work out so much as a way to avoid doing dishes:+

I'm sure you'll get lots of different answers but judging by how much traffic is on the daily check in before 10:00 a.m. my guess is that a lot of others are morning exercisers too but it's personal preference, whatever works!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hi and welcome!! I always workout in the evening. Usually anywhere from 7-9 P.M. I have tried morning workouts but I am totally worthless in the morning I usually just end up sitting there staring at the TV. But at night I always workout. I think thats when my energy is the highest.:)

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I WANT to work out in the mornings but I'm such a procrastinator and I never get to it until later in the day. I've started my work outs as late as 11 PM:eek: , but I normally do them around 7PM.

Michele

Hi and welcome.

I usually workout around 4pm/5:30pm after DH gets home to handle the 3 DS. I do yoga in AM occasionally.

Good Gawd Michele!!! 11PM?!!!

I thought I was a procrastinator.:eek: :p :)

Hi, AI25! I work out in the evenings, as long as I've had a light meal at least an hour before. I also, every now & then, may do some cardio in the morning, but that's not my preference.

You can also do a search on this topic. There's been a poll or two before about best time of day to exercise.

Welcome to the boards!

My best workout time tends to be mid-morning, but that's not always possible due to work commitments and such. Mid-morning works for me because I've eaten a couple of times so I don't feel like I run out of steam so quickly.

The best time is the time that works for you!!

Good luck,
Marie

Welcome!

I try my best to workout in the morning. It just makes me feel better during the day. However, sometimes if I haven't slept well the night before, it just isn't happening, and I wait until after dinner.

Do what feels best for you and fits your schedule.

I'm a crazy, I work out from 3:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. Have to be at work early so this is about the only time as we only have 1 TV and my workout space is in the living room. Wouldn't feel right if DH couldn't watch the news when he came home. Anyhow, it works for me.

Jeanette

Ido cardio in the morning from 5-6 am and then get ready for work. Usually that averages 4X a week. I do weights in the evening on MOnday, then either Wednesday or Thursday evening also. If I have the energy and inclination I will do one more, usually short weight workout on the weekend, but lots of times that gets pushed to the side because of family committments. So I don't count on that one getting in.

As you can see we all have different ways of working out and the best one is the one that works for you.

PS

Hello and Welcome. I workout in the morning before work and then again at lunch on most days. I have access to a gym and great running trails I like to take advantage of on my lunch hour.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.