New to Cathe, needs recommendations

my2boys

Hi,
i'm new to Cathe, and need recommendations for the best workouts to start with.
a little background on myself. I've been Firming for over a year, and at first lost about 40lbs. Now due to stress at work in April i've put back on about 15lb. i really have tried to jump-start my fitness program again, but think that i'm getting bored with the Firm. I think also that my body has adapted to this style of workout.
I need your Cathe expertise to inform me as to the best Cathe tapes for me. BTW i will definately purchase DVD.
i'm 5ft 5" and weigh 165lb. am a tight size 8, sometimes 10. i need to get back down to 140, or a loose 8 and 6. But even if i don't i want my lower body and middle to be toned. and i want to get these definitions real fast. With the Firm definition came over tyime, i've read on other forums that Cathe gives definition real fast. Is this so?

P.S. I'm now back to eating as clean as i can.

Thanks for any and every input.

Hi

If you like step as your cardio, Cathe is the one. I would suggest her earlier step tapes. She breaks down her moves on these. She does not do this on her recent tapes. One of the first tapes should be her wedding video, available in VHS only I think. I do not use Cathe for her cardio, I do not care for step so maybe someone else can jump in here with a recomendation. I think most of her earlier step tapes are VHS only.
If you are looking for strength tapes. I would suggest her Maximum Intensity Strength tape. It is available on DVD with PowerHour and BodyMax. Cathe gives form pointers and it is an excellent intro Cathe strength tape.

Kim

Hello!
I would agree that MIS is the way to go for muscle conditioning. Do that and Power Hour for endurance, a great workout!
Both on the same DVD.

As for Cathe step, I am not a seasoned Cathe stepper, so maybe I'm a good person to answer this one, if you are new to Cathe step. I agree with kimmie again, on Cathe's earlier stap tapes as the way to go. I am currently using Wedding tape (cardio portion) and Mega Step Blast. Cathe will any day now be releasing her Classics Vol 1 DVD, consisting of three of her older step tapes, Step Heat (another goodie for a newbie; it's going to be my next Cathe step workout to concentrate on when they deliver my DVD) Step Jam and Step Max.

I think these are all good to start out with. Then when you want something a little different and challenging in a different way, try the Circuit Max/Cardio Kicks DVD. Two of my favorites! SO much fun, but both intense.

Okay, getting ahead of myself here. Good luck with Cathe. I now look at my shelf of Firms and wonder if I'll ever do them again.
:)
Kathy

Hello

Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I would recommend Cathe's step tapes if you like stepping and want routines that you can do continually.

I agree with the recommendation of her earlier tapes I started with CTX which does not have a great deal of breakdown but in time you will very quickly pick up the steps.

My main point is if you like step you have come to right place otherwise as suggested you could use another type of cardio like Cardio Kicks a suggested.

I am a complete step devotee and would also recommend kickboxing or floor aerobics for a little diversity.

Like I said just my 2 cents worth, hope this helps.

Babs

I also recommend the MIS, Power Hour DVD for starters as well as her Classics DVD when it becomes available. Other cardio workouts to consider would be Power Max, Cardio Kicks and Max. Intensity Cardio, however I dont own a DVD player so I havent checked out whether or not these are the same or multiple DVD's.

Enjoy!

Stacy

MIC comes on a DVD with Rhythmic Step and IMax. It's great because it's all cardio, but gives you steps to work up toward. I'm doing MIC first, and bits and pieces of Imax (all of the intervals are chaptered so it's very easy to tackle 1, 2, or 3 at a time)and Rhythmic Step for when I am just *SO GOOD* at Cathe's step that I need a real challenge (five years down the road lol)!
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.