New STS check-in...For those of us just starting or getting back in to it.

steph_arena

Cathlete
Hi
I started STS for the first time last week and was wondering if anyone was interested in starting a check-in?

I am on week 2 of meso 1 and LOVING IT!:D

I would love a daily check-in! I am also in Week 2 of Meso 1. This is my 3rd time doing STS in about a year and a half (I finished my first round in May of 2010) and I love this program. I've been hampered off and on by injuries, but I keep plugging away.

Today is AbCircuits (Yoga Inspired, No Equipment, and Medicine Ball Abs) followed by MMA Boxing.

Good luck! :) Helen

Great Helen..
And now we are 2!

today I did the chest one of meso 1 week 2

Man.. do the push ups ever get easier??? I can do 40 in a row but when they are all mixed up in the dvd I can only manage the first couple of times on my toes (drop sets and a couple of others)and by the end i am on my knees begging for mercy!

bbl
steph

Steph: Wow...40 pushups. Great job! I've been hampered by shoulder issues for the last couple of years (many years for one shoulder, about a year and a half for the other), so I am down to 20 (25 on a good day) from my toes. Then I have to drop to my knees for some of the higher rep days. It is what it is.

My ab workout was good, although I was interrupted by my 19 year old son who wanted to tell me about his workout (he's a college baseball player), so I stopped to listen. That left me a little short on time, so I put in HiiT 30/30. Ouch. I am rhythmically challenged and just getting through the step warm-up makes me huff and puff.

That's a goal...to get through a basic Cathe step routine without a face plant! :p

Tomorrow is Disc 6 Legs at 5:00 a.m.! Love to hate it! ;)

Helen

I would love to join this check in! I finished Meso 1, Disc 5 yesterday, Back and Triceps. I am sch'd to do legs either tomorrow but I have to be at a meeting 2 hours away for work early in the morning so I may do it Saturday instead. I am loving it so far. I am not completely new to Cathe - did Pyramid Upper and Lower Body years ago - but haven't done any Cathe dvds in a long time. So far I am loving STS!

I recently lost 70 lbs and am now trying to lose the last 20 or so and tone everything up - hoping to drop another clothing size or two.

Welcome Sugar and congrats on the great weight loss achievement! i have been struggling with my 5-10 that i would like to lose and let me tell you once you hit 40 (last week for me) they just don't want to give up!

Well today after my chest i got my extra risers in the mail...so..i did plyo legs...I have been doing it once and awhile as a cardio/hiit with the step and 2 risers let me tell you...HOLY MOLY using the 4 risers...big difference.

Helen: That is totally cool that you have such a great relationship with your son. My kiddos are a lot younger (13-8-7) and i talk to them a lot about health and exercise but i HOPE that your scenario happens to me one day. I dream about going to the gym with my daughter, or taking out a dvd to do together. My oldest isn't to into exercise but my youngest had me buy her little pink 1 pound weights that she pretends to use sometimes.. My son has muscular dystrophy so that dream isn't feasible. Enjoy it Helen..the workout can always wait!

Sugar: 70 pounds gone. Wow...that's awesome. I've got about 20 to get rid of...again. :mad: My challenge is not the workouts. My challenge is in the kitchen. I like good food, I like bad food, I like my cocktails, although I've sworn off alcohol for the duration of this round of STS, so that should help.

I didn't get my leg workout in yesterday. I had a terrible night's sleep, tossing and turning, listening to a severe thunderstorm roll through. I had to be up early to go to work and re-set my alarm to a later time so I wouldn't be cranky at work. Today is parent work day at the high school softball field, so I'll get my legs done later today.

Steph: I count my blessings every day that my husband and I have the relationships we do with our kids. We have 3 of them...2 girls (22 and almost 15) and our son who is almost 20. I'm sure you'll hear more about them as we go with this thread. I can't help but brag on occasion. :D I'm sorry about your son's MD...

I've got to run. We're going to try to get the field ready before the season begins this coming week. Weed whacking, bleacher washing...fun, fun, fun!

Keep up the good work! Helen

Today's workout: STS Meso 1; Disc 7: Chest, Shoulders, Biceps. (Love it, love it, love it!)
Today's challenge: Clean eating and proper hydration.

It's the first day of high school for our youngest. She's had softball practice for the last 2 weeks or so already, and orientation one day last week, but she's happy to get things going officially.

Our son moved back to college Saturday and our oldest daughter has been away for a few weeks already working for this semester before going back to nursing school in January. I have a feeling my husband and I will be having dinner for two fairly often in the coming months.

Have a wonderful Monday! :DHelen

Well i just finished back and tris week 3... i am seriosly liking sts!
now if i could just get my diet in order life would be great.. since the last 2 years i have put on 10 pounds and these little suckers are hanging on for dear life! my goal is 5 before xmas and the other 5 before easter??? hopefully do-able

Helen: must be weird having a sort of empty nest?

holy chest Batman!

Just finished chest, bi-shoulders....

Cathe is just nuts! sooo many pushups...at one point I was even doing table top ones:eek:

Helen: I wanted to know if it was normal to do less weights when you do barbel curls? is: I can do 15 (each hand) when doing bi-cep curl but when i am doing barbell curls i do like 15 total pounds! is it just me? I feel like i am pushing myself...but it doesn't seem to make sense... you'd think i should be able to do 30 with the barbell???

Steph: You should be able to lift more total weight with the barbell. Are you taking into account the weight of the bar before you put any plates on it? Did you do your 1 rep max tests? Remember that in Meso 1, you are "only" lifting 60% of your 1 rep max, so some of the weight might seem pretty light. It does to me anyway.

Great job on all those push-ups! Cathe is definitely a weast (half woman, half beast!!) :)

Here we go with Disc 8, Back & Triceps. I'm going to add on Medicine Ball Abs afterward for good measure...I neglect my abs and core too much.

Good news: I've dropped 4 lbs. since last Tuesday's weigh-in. Bad news: 20 more to go.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!! :DHelen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.