New Kelly Coffey Meyer dvd's?

indybulla

Cathlete
Hi,

Is there anyone in Catheland who has tried Kelly Coffey-Meyer's new dvd's (Bootcamp and Kickboxing). So far reviews are great on Collage, but I have never worked out to her before. I'm looking for some new cardio to mix in with my Cathe's.

Thanks for the feedback!!

I just got done previewing the kickboxing workout. It looks easy to follow and fun, though I havent done it yet to test its intensity. I have the Bootcamp workout too, but havent previewed it yet.

You may want to check out Anni's Cardio Force workout. I did that one this morning and even without the 1 lb hand weights it was really good.

I also previewed Patrick Goudeau's new Hard Work Conditioning 2. This is a non-dancey, drill type workout and it looks TOUGH! I cant wait to try it!

I didn't like either on preview. I felt very meh, but when I tried BC, I liked it, the second and third time I loved it. It moves quickly and gets more difficult as I've learned how to put my all into it. So far, I use 10's for most of the work. It is a great cardio based circuit with a functional fitness feel. Kelly keeps this one moving and seems to know where that fine line is between pushing one hard but not going overboard with it. So far I've done the premix that puts both workouts together. I also really love the bonus stretch segment. Kelly repeats some things like such as, "I hope you have a towel" and "This will feel uncomfortable," but it is nice for people who usually only do the stretches included at the end of a workout but want to take it a little bit further. She holds the stretches a bit longer and I just love it.

I've only done the kickbox once and again, I did the premix that puts both workouts together. This one could be more intense in my opinion and there seems to be a lot of filler marching (I can't remember but it wasn't jumping jacks as I was thinking next time I need to do something else between each combo to get/keep my heart rate up). I feel there is probably a toning benefit with this one but wish it worked me more in a cardio sense. Maybe I will change my mind once I do it again. I think it will be nice for a not so intense kickbox workout. I love the bonus core routine. There is some standing kickbox flavored ab/core work followed by kickbox flavored floor ab/core work. Very, very nice ab/core routine.

I'm very glad I purchased both of these workouts.

I loved these workouts! I did the hour premix and had a great sweat going. The kickbox was awesome with weighted gloves. It does have more of a sculpting kickbox feel but I love the weight and cardio mix together. It does not have the dread factor at all! So much fun!! Her teaching style is easy to follow.

I have the Kickboxing workout and have done the workout once all the way through, (workouts 1 & 2), and I've done W/O #1 twice. If you're not used to Kelley's style, I would recommend that you go through the tutorial, and maybe even preview the workout before you do it. A lot of what she does in the KB workout is basic, but there are a few things that puzzled me, and even now, I'm just grasping them. But it's a fun workout. I use my 1 lb. weighted gloves and I love that the moves are very controlled. You really get to focus on the muscles you're working. I especially like the slow crescent kicks, since those can be tough to begin with. I didn't get the bootcamp workout, since it really didn't look like anything new for me.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback on these. I think I'm going to get the kickboxing workout as I love kickboxing. I'm hoping this will fill in the gap until Cathe comes out with another kickboxing workout! Hopefully someday soon.....

Might wait on the Bootcamp since I have so many weight workouts and certainly have my hands full with Drill Max!!

Thanks everyone for the great feedback on these. I think I'm going to get the kickboxing workout as I love kickboxing. I'm hoping this will fill in the gap until Cathe comes out with another kickboxing workout! Hopefully someday soon.....

Might wait on the Bootcamp since I have so many weight workouts and certainly have my hands full with Drill Max!!

'Just to let you know...BC is very cardio based.

I have both workouts, have just previewed the BC one, and have done the KB one (the two workout combo). I really liked it!

Be aware, though, that Kelly is not a particularly good cuer (she rarely repeats cues for moves--like hook, cross, up, hook, or whatever--which I personally would like her to do, and she sometimes isn't clear, like calling crosses 'punches,' or calling a 4-punch combo that's not the regular jab-cross-hook-up but a bit different, merely a 'punch combo' and not spelling out the punches).

On the other hand, her choreo isn't complex. Viewing the tutorial before doing the KB workout is a good idea, as she previews all the moves there.

If you're looking for a new kickboxing workout, you should also checkout Ilaria's Powerstrike 5. I did that one last night and loved it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.