New ICE Downloads won't play on my Kindle 8 HD

Teals

Cathlete
Hi. I was under the impression that the downloads will play on any device, not just Apples. The files are M4V and will not play on my Windows computers nor my Kindle which I purchased a few months ago.

I've looked through some of the threads here and it appears that the files should play on Kindles. What do I need to do? I tried changing the file extension to MP4 but that didn't work. When I try to copy and paste the files from my computer, I get a warning on the Kindle stating the the files are not compatible and my only option is to cancel the transfer.

Please help.

Thanks.

Fitness Friend,
Teals

The files are M4V and will not play on my Windows computers nor my Kindle which I purchased a few months ago.

I've looked through some of the threads here and it appears that the files should play on Kindles. What do I need to do? I tried changing the file extension to MP4 but that didn't work. When I try to copy and paste the files from my computer, I get a warning on the Kindle stating the the files are not compatible and my only option is to cancel the transfer.

If you want to play it on your Windows computers try the free open source VLC player. www.videolan.org
Sounds like you probably need to convert those files to a Kindle friendly format :( Handbrake has been around a long time and is free. https://handbrake.fr

Hope you get it working soon.

Maybe the files are corrupted? I was able to play my ICE downloads on my Windows computer (using both VLC and Windows Media Player), and I transferred and watched on my Kindle Fire with no issues. I did get a warning that the file might not play on the Kindle, but the transfer went fine and the file played just fine.

Maybe the files are corrupted? I was able to play my ICE downloads on my Windows computer (using both VLC and Windows Media Player), and I transferred and watched on my Kindle Fire with no issues. I did get a warning that the file might not play on the Kindle, but the transfer went fine and the file played just fine.
Did you cut and paste or drag and drop? I tried to cut and paste them. Maybe I'll try drag and drop and go from there. I couldn't get them to play well on my windows computer. They would play in Itunes but the video was choppy and the audio was out of sync and helicopter-y.

What is VLC? Media play won't play the files. I changed the extension of MP4 but that didn't work.

Thanks!

If you want to play it on your Windows computers try the free open source VLC player. www.videolan.org
Sounds like you probably need to convert those files to a Kindle friendly format :( Handbrake has been around a long time and is free. https://handbrake.fr

Thank you. I know Handbrake. I didn't think about using it. I didn't buy it so I end up deleting it after the trial period. I'll check them both out.

Thanks again!

I like jodijodi's thought on the files possibly being corrupted. Can't hurt to download them again to be sure. That would be the easiest thing to try first.

I dragged and dropped. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. (Double-clicked to play them in VLC, and right-clicked and chose send to Windows Media Player)

Like Zenara said, VLC is free, and will play pretty much any format out there.

Oh, and I left them as m4v, and did not change them to mp4. (I may be remembering this wrong, but I think if you change them to mp4 you lose the chapter points.)

Thank you! I downloaded the VLC player and I can now play them on my computer. Some of the files have a weird glitch. I thought Cathe was getting artsy with her transitions but it's more likely a glitch. I may download them again just to be safe. The downloads have expired so hopefully they won't mind sending them to me again. For not, at least I finally get to preview the workouts.

I appreciate your help.

I dragged and dropped. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. (Double-clicked to play them in VLC, and right-clicked and chose send to Windows Media Player)

Like Zenara said, VLC is free, and will play pretty much any format out there.

Oh, and I left them as m4v, and did not change them to mp4. (I may be remembering this wrong, but I think if you change them to mp4 you lose the chapter points.)
I downloaded the VLC player and that worked great. I still plan to ask them to send the links again. I did see some glitches when I played a few of them back, as I mentioned in my reply to Zenara25.

I didn't try to open them in Windows Media Player. I'll try that too. I'll also try dragging and dropping to my Kindle. I saw another posting that said it will go to a particular folder in the Kindle. Where did yours end up?

Thanks for your help. I'm glad I finally get to see these workouts.

I downloaded the VLC player and that worked great. I still plan to ask them to send the links again. I did see some glitches when I played a few of them back, as I mentioned in my reply to Zenara25.

I didn't try to open them in Windows Media Player. I'll try that too. I'll also try dragging and dropping to my Kindle. I saw another posting that said it will go to a particular folder in the Kindle. Where did yours end up?

Thanks for your help. I'm glad I finally get to see these workouts.

I didn't deliberately drop them in a particular folder, just over to the kindle's folder, but when I looked I saw that they had automatically (somehow?) ended up in the video folder. Then I played it from the "My Videos" app.

If the video is glitchy, that also makes it seem like the files might be corrupted in some way. Hope you get it all worked out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.