new here

Welcome to the forum. Your home page is very interesting. Viola's page is very touching. I also have a son Isaac who is almost 7,has autism and started the 1st grade this year. He is non verbal, but is picking up sign language rather fast. Does your daughter do sign?

hi susan,

viola started 1st this year too. she is somewhat verbal. sounds more like she talks chinese LOL. we are actually using some sign to teach her dolch words. she gets alot of speech at school b/c they are sure she can overcome the speech aspect and we also get Occupational Therapy for control of her body and also helps we social skills. she pretty much functions at the level of a 4 year old speech and with some motor skills. functional speech is a real concern(doesnt talk much about what has happen with her day or on the bus). b/c she might tell us of any danger she was in and things like that. she goes to regular school with a special autism program. well she is upset b/c i am on here so i will let her play her game before school.

kassia

"OH THIS IS GO GOOD IT JUST HAS TO BE FATTENING"

Hi Kassia,

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you. I'll keep your daughter in my prayers. My nephew is autistic and I have some idea of the work involved in the care of these special kids.

Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.