New Forum Software - Important

SNM Videos

Administrator
As we have already mentioned we will soon switch to using new forum software. Migrating the million plus posts and all of the data from our current forums to the new forums will not be perfect or complete, but we will do our best to to make this transition as smooth as possible.

As we start to prepare the forum migration we've noticed that there are 680 users that have duplicate email addresses. Our new forum software does not allow duplicate email addresses so we're asking everyone with a duplicate email address to change their email addresses now so that each account has a unique address. Once we transfer to the new software we will change any duplicate address to something like [email protected]. You will still be able to access your account, but you will not be able to retrieve your password if you lose it and users will not be able to email you.

Reminder

Make sure to read this if you haven't already done so.We will have other forum switch announcements shortly, so make sure to read them to help avoid as many problems as possible.

This may sound dumb but how do I know I have a duplicate? Not sure what this means. Sorry.

Last edited:
More than one email address means

It means you either have more than one account or you have family members that are also forum members and using the same email address. Our new software requires a unique email address for every user account. If you have friends and family that are all using the same email address this will not be allowed by our new software. The same is true if you have more than one account , which you shouldn't, but I'm sure some people do.

Edit email

Just click on the "User CP" tab located above,Then on the left hand side you will see "Settings & Options". In this section you will see "Edit Email and Passwords" which when you click will take you to the page which will allow you to edit your email.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.