New DVDs

kblover

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I have been debating about posting this because of all the wonderful feedback I've read concerning the new DVDs, but I have to ask...will these new ones challenge me as much as the old ones?

When I do DM or BM2...etc, I am dripping in sweat (that's good for me), but after I did KB and BC form 4DS, I felt like I was missing something.

Am I doing something wrong? I am worried that I will lose the little endurance/muscle I gained from previous workouts. If there is something I need to correct, please let me know.

Any comments are welcome!

thank you

Hi

I feel the same way. But I love the new DVD's/ I think that since we are not used to them and still don't know them well, we might not work as hard. I think that once we memorize the moves, we will benefit more from the cardio.

I do sweat so much more with DM and BM2, but they are also longer cardio.

I like the 4 day split, because you don't always want to kill yourself and have it drag for long. It feels perfect, when I get to the point of really tired, it' time for the weight training. But I really think that when I will not them really well, I will be able to push myself more. I am pretty sure if we do all the moves right... it will not be as easy.

You can always also do the cardio premixes, which I am planning to try soon.

sorry couldn't help more

I understand where you are coming from....this series is completely different in focus compared with Drill Max - Body Max - Low Impact Circuit - Butts N Guts -

I feel that in order to continually see results and to continually maintain you have to change up your focus every 6-8 weeks or at least every 90 days. So this is perfect for my next rotation because I just got done doing Barrys Bootcamp 5 Day which was more focused on endurance style training for the muscles and short intense bursts of cardio ( which is amazing!!! )

So for me this series seems light on the cardio intensity, BUT I like it because I have the energy to go FULL intensity with my weight selections and am going heavier than ever - it feels great overall and is probably exactly what I needed.

Then next rotation I will probably switch it back up to endurance based and circuit style :)

I agree. I have many of Cathe's workouts. The 4-Day Split series doesn't seem to be that challenging, cardio-wise. I think her hardest series is the Hard-Core (Imax 3, etc.) I also think the Intensity and Body Blast are also challenging...especially with the premixes and mish-moshed you can create/do. BUT, variety is the spice of life. I do not think it is always wise to push your body to the max everyday. For me, since I have created some very challenging workouts, I am going to use this series as my "more easier days". Not to say they won't still challenge me, but with the plyos from Imax 3, KM blast challenge, and Imax 2, doing no plyos during the week will be refreshing. I love what Cathe creates, and while I have my favorites (DM, K,P,C, and Imax 3) I love to work in all of Cathe. I think her new series is a nice change of pace. :)

Kristen

Whew!!!

thank you all for your responses. I thought I was the odd ball out :)

You are all right in the fact that I can use this as a switch up or on my days when I'm not feeling too energized (kinda like when I get home at 10pm after being at work and school all day).

I appreaciate your comments and advice.

Thanks again!

CC

>Hi everyone,
>
>I have been debating about posting this because of all the
>wonderful feedback I've read concerning the new DVDs, but I
>have to ask...will these new ones challenge me as much as the
>old ones?
>
>When I do DM or BM2...etc, I am dripping in sweat (that's good
>for me), but after I did KB and BC form 4DS, I felt like I was
>missing something.
>
>Am I doing something wrong? I am worried that I will lose the
>little endurance/muscle I gained from previous workouts. If
>there is something I need to correct, please let me know.
>
>Any comments are welcome!
>
>thank you

Thank you for posting this...I love the new workouts too, but I was thinking that the cardio was a bit lacking as well..I thought maybe I was the only one...

:7

Well, if you want more cardio, you could try one of the premixes. I did the BC/KB cardio premix last night and was drenched by the end of it. Maybe that's a solution for you?

I have both. I like the premixes on the new workouts alot. Like Shelley said, want more cardio? Try doing the cardio premixes-they will kick your arse!}(

I think they are harder, more intense than CTX. The weight portions are very intense, especially if you are really pushing the weights. CTX weights are more endurance based in my opinion. But Leaner Legs is still the granddaddy of all leg workouts!}

I like 'em both!

The CTX cardio is much harder. But, the CTX weight training is geared toward endurance. So, to me, the level of intensity of the cardios is appropriate.

4DS is geared to muscle strength. So I'm quite pleased that the cardio does not wipe you out.

Cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.