New DVD Awesome

annie2867

Cathlete
I thought I was just fed up with weights but after getting this new DVD I am back to being excited. I now realize that I need new DVD's more frequently in order to keep me motivated. I have never found anyone else who comes close to Cathe's style in weight training if you happen to have a name of someone please share.

As for weight training I have never done anything but Cathe. I didnt even lift weights till Cathe. I have learned so much from her. I give people tips like if I were a expert or something. I still prefer cardio though. I have some Christi Taylor, who is fun and has good music. I just ordered Amy Bento's new step dvd, which looks like a good fun workout. I too am always looking for something new.

http://www.picturetrail.com/alio0026

I love Cathe, of course!

I love Amy Bento. She has fast become one of my faves for weights, hi/lo, step, etc...She starts shipping her newest this week and I ordered all three. Check out the clips. They are nice and long. Amy puts up clips BEFORE her preorder ends, and they give you a nice feel for the content and flow of the workouts and the type of music used. Every instructor should put up clips like this in my opnion and they should put them up before the presale ends:
http://www.nrgfitness.net/videos.html#challenge

I love Kelley Coffey Meyer's Step Boxing and have just ordered her two newest. Another Step Boxing and a circuit workout.

I think the TLT's (Tracie Long Training) balance out my heavier weight work b/c they are functional.

Jari Love is someone I enjoy for a different type of weight training. You can find most of her stuff at Ross for WAY cheap if you just stop in and check every now and then. I've never paid full price for her stuff.

I like Sharon Twombly's two circuit workouts...All Body Attack and All Body Cardio.

I love Absolute Kickboxing by Kimberly Spreen. It's not heavy weight work but there is some work with a body bar.

I don't care for Tracey Staehle's style of weight work but I love her original step workout and her core work is spot on.

Those are some of my faves besides Cathe and I have found it helps me a great deal to mix up the variety and the instructors. CIA produced some fun cardio routines in his latest batch with realy fun, inspiring music.

Sorry, I know you asked for weight work. I'll shut up now. My point is, variety DOES help...it helps me anyway!
Angela:7

I did the All Body Attack the other day...I was not ready for the intensity Sharon gives--without breaking a sweat!

I'm shocked no one has mentioned Kimberly Spreen. She's has some awesome workouts you can preview on Collage.

I found that if I change up my rotations monthly, I'm happier and more excited about working out. I just finished a rotation that was strictly running and yoga for six weeks and really enjoyed the change. Now, I have a 4 week rotation based on the new videos that will take me through end of November, and then I'll probably do a circuit rotation through the end of December for calorie burn during the holidays!

The only problem I have is all the equipment I have to pull out to get ready for the workout. That's the only dread factor but other than that it's cool.

Weight Training DVD's

Right now I am only looking for weight training tapes, there just isn't enough of these around. I hardely ever do cardio at home anymore.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.