Neglected Muscles: Strength and Stretch

We tend to always work the same muscles, even if in different ways. I am always shocked when I do ballet work and don't have the hip muscles to do all of those endless plies even though I can do normal strength training without a problem. So . . .

Why not a 'neglected muscles' DVD that targets all those little or weird muscles that are normally overlooked in your basic strength workouts. I love doing the rotator cuff or tibialis exercises on the odd Cathe video but they don't come up very often. Also hand and wrist strength--areas I've never seen targeted. I'd guess a lot of joint areas could use some extra work. What about eye muscles (we rely so much on them but never work on them)? Even the feet! (I'm sure a lot of us could use some stronger foot muscles--I was given exercises to do to improve my arch but never remember to do them on my own.) Cathe would be the one to know which wee muscles are the odd-men-out, but I'd love something like that . . . along with a great stretch. I stretch every single day but often forget to stretch neglected muscles (in particular, my neck and jaw, which are both prime areas for tension/exhaustion for stressed people). So something that can strengthen the stuff we aren't already working all the time and something that can stretch out areas (muscles and facia, please!) we neglect to stretch regularly would be FABULOUS!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.