Need your advice

Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker/occasional poster. I need your advice on the best way to loose weight. My husband has challenged me to loose weight. He has to loose 40 lbs. and I have to loose 30 lbs. Whoever gets there first gets $500 to spend however we choose without the other persons input/permission. I want to win!

Right now I just finished STS Meso 1 and am in my recovery week. Should I continue with my STS rotation or should I do a more cardio/circuit focused rotation? I really want to finish my rotation but I really want that $$ too. What would you do?

Are you doing only STS three times a week or are you also incorporating Cathe's recommended cardio rotation for STS? I would think if you're doing STS along with the recommended cardio the other three days that should be plenty, along with, of course, diet! Good luck to you, hope you win.

the short answer is - eat clean. if you are consistent w/ your wo's and are eating healthy the weight WILL come off!

good luck & keep us posted!

fr me (and many others), the key is consistently eating very clean and exercising 5-6 days per week (listen to your body). If you are feeling too tired, keep an eye on your protein and check your workouts. You may be overdoing it and need to pull back a little.

If you are the type that needs a little something as a carrot, see if you can replace it with something besides food. When you lose a certain amount of weight/decrease in inches, buy one of those trash magazines that you hate to spend money on, buy a new book, some new underwear, new workout clothes or a piece of new equipment (DVD or "stuff").

I would also check the scale. Try to weigh yourself only once per week, same time of day, same clothes. The scale is the enemy, IMO. Eating clean and working out (weights and cardio) will show in inches before it will show on the scale.

The inches gone and the feeling of being healthy should ALSO be your motivator, since whoever wins the $500 will spend it quickly and probably forget about THAT reward quickly, too!

This will be so much easier with your husband on board, too. Good luck!!!
Jenn :)

Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker/occasional poster. I need your advice on the best way to loose weight. My husband has challenged me to loose weight. He has to loose 40 lbs. and I have to loose 30 lbs. Whoever gets there first gets $500 to spend however we choose without the other persons input/permission. I want to win!

Right now I just finished STS Meso 1 and am in my recovery week. Should I continue with my STS rotation or should I do a more cardio/circuit focused rotation? I really want to finish my rotation but I really want that $$ too. What would you do?

IMO I would do STS Meso 1 again and then repeat onto Meso 2. This is just me because I tend to lose weight when I do endurance type of workout. I did gain weight when I went into Meso 3 but this is my body type I guess. And of course eat healthy:).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.