Need ideas for my B-Day "cake"!

Nanbo

Cathlete
I've been doing really well this week by sticking to my workout schedule and keeping within my caloric limits as per the Nutrition Program, so I don't want to blow everything on a "real" birthday cake today!
Here's one of my ideas: 2 Kashi 7-Grain Waffles with a VERY thin layer of almond butter in between, drizzled with 1/2 T honey, and "frosted" with a few ounces of Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt.This will be my last year with a "4" in front of my age; I want to arrive at the next decade in the best condition of my life! I am seeing changes that I love since I found Cathe...I don't want to derail everything for a fleeting indulgence!
Does anybody have any other ideas? It will be just me, so no leftovers please (lol) ;)! Thanks! I can't wait to hear what you seasoned Cathletes will come up with!:eek:

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it's going to be an awesome last year of the decade for you.

I'll leave it to the others to come up with something interesting for you, but I just wanted to mention that the hallmark of a sustainable fitness and nutrition program is flexibility, creativity and knowing when it is okay to relax the rules. It is rare indeed that people stay with a nutritional plan, let alone stick with a program in the long term that doesn't even allow for a piece of birthday cake on your 49th birthday. I hear you on the fleeting indulgence thing- it feels sometimes like we blow our nutritional plans on the silliest of things, and what do we have to show for it? We usually don't even remember what was so great about it. I guess I'm saying that I would go out and get the most decadent, most incredible cupcake I can find, I would get one custom-made, even, to my exact specifications, and with a great big "49" on top. Then I would really, really savour every last bite and make it count.

Feel free to blow off my idea, because it wasn't what you are looking for - just thought I'd present another option. If it helps, I lost 110lbs 4 years ago and have kept it off while still enjoying treats.

How about one of those tea cup cakes you make in the microwave? Those are small and delicious without any leftovers, either in the fridge or on you;)

Happy Birthday! My birthday is Saturday, and I have to say, I second the cupcake idea. If you're going to indulge, then do it right. One piece of cake or cupcake isn't going to undo all the good that you've done, and once it's gone, there won't be any left as a temptation tomorrow. I know this isn't the advice that you were looking for, but it's your birthday once a year, so enjoy it!!! Off to order my cupcake at the bakery....

Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.