Need help with streaming to TV options

NinjaMom

Cathlete
I would love to stream Cathe Live but can't decide on the best way to get it on my TV. I have both a laptop & iPad but don't want to watch the workouts on those small devices. I have considered hard wiring each device to my TV with HDMI as well as Chromecast, Apple TV and Roku. I was all set to order Chromecast but have been reading reviews that it is laggy. My router is on the main floor while I work out in the basement. For those who are currently streaming video to a TV, which method would you recommend?

Thanks!

I use my laptop with an HDMI cable in my workout room and it works great. For me and my internet, I have no lagging. Just make sure you pick the right "quality" for you internet since they give 2 options.

We may have some other options for watching on your TV without using your computer or mobile device soon...we are testing a couple new products and will let everyone know how well they work.

We may have some other options for watching on your TV without using your computer or mobile device soon...we are testing a couple new products and will let everyone know how well they work.

This would be awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

I use my laptop with an HDMI cable in my workout room and it works great. For me and my internet, I have no lagging. Just make sure you pick the right "quality" for you internet since they give 2 options.

Thank you! This will probably be the route I'll go unless SNM's test product works & doesn't cost me any more $$

I would love it if Cathe Live did a channel on Roku-or however that works. I have Rodu and there are all kinds of fitness channels on it. I don't have a laptop, tablet or anything like that. I do have a computer, of course, can't use it to exercise to a video to. I wouldn't be able to see it. My TV is older, which means no HDMI or any other way to connect to the internet except through something like Directv, Roku, etc.
Thank you!

Oh this would be awesome Curtis, I am currently holding off on Cathe Live right now for the same reason trying to figure out how to get streaming on my TV in my workout.

I hope whatever you all are testing works :)

I decided to give the "test" video a try using my laptop and connecting to the TV via HDMI. It worked great except there was no sound. I bypass the TV's speakers and use a Bose sound system so after some troubleshooting & a call to Bose CS, the issue was resolved. I signed up for Cathe Live and am loving these workouts. It is so much fun seeing Cathe in her element and working out "unscripted" makes it feel like I'm right there in the class with her.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.