Need Help Moving Weights

Jaffas

Cathlete
We are moving this week and I have no idea how to pack my weights. The smaller ones I can figure out but what do you do with the heavier ones. Do you put them in boxes with other stuff or just pile them in the truck loose? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I really didn't think I'd be getting a place that was big enough to have a workout space so I thought I'd have to leave them behind (oh, the horror). Now that I can take them I'm not sure how to.

I'm just thinking out loud here. Can you lay them flat throughout the bottom of the truck to even out the weight load, then add your boxes on top of them? Maybe put a moving blanket or something underneath them that is anchored so that they would be less likely to shift?

I'm just thinking out loud here. Can you lay them flat throughout the bottom of the truck to even out the weight load, then add your boxes on top of them? Maybe put a moving blanket or something underneath them that is anchored so that they would be less likely to shift?

That's what I did when I moved.

Good ideas above...Are you moving closeby or, are movers moving you? We moved only 10 minutes from our previous home so I just put them into my car on the floor or in the back end and would take a few each time we took a carload. Talk about a workout...I had to carry all of them up the stairs from our basement at our old home and down the stairs to the basement in our new home! :)

Oh screw moving the weights--congrats on having a dedicated workout space! So exciting! LOL!

I did what Mama Deb did last time I moved. The movers wanted to charge so much to move the weights I just took them over little by little while I was moving other stuff I wanted to do myself.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I'll just put them in the truck wherever they fit. We're moving from AZ to So. Cal. My last move was from one house to another on the same block so I just moved them a couple at a time in my car. This time we're renting a huge U-haul - the biggest one they have - 'cause it was actually the cheapest. We have more than enough room in it for our other stuff. Guess they need trucks in CA for all the people that are leaving.

Jaffas said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I'll just put them in the truck wherever they fit. We're moving from AZ to So. Cal. My last move was from one house to another on the same block so I just moved them a couple at a time in my car. This time we're renting a huge U-haul - the biggest one they have - 'cause it was actually the cheapest. We have more than enough room in it for our other stuff. Guess they need trucks in CA for all the people that are leaving.

Good Luck with your move! We will wait to see your NEW workout room! :)

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

I had some of those plastic milk crates from college, I think the movers piled a bunch of plates and weights in those, seems like those can hold a lot of weight, you might have to carry the weights separately, but the milk crates was a good way to keep them all together in one place. Probably the heavier ones just were put in the truck.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.