Need Heavy (punching) Bag Recommendation

Gobias

Cathlete
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Heavy Punching Bag for home use? I won't use it often (maybe 2-4 times per month), so I need to be able to somewhat easily move it out of the way. I don't need it professional grade or huge, but sturdy enough to take my hits. Option to fill with sand versus water would be nice since I would be concerned about leaks.

Even recommendations of what to look for or not look for is appreciated. The size of the bags in the DVD "Get Addicted" by Merle Silver look to be a nice smaller size.

Thanks.

Hi Gobias. I use the "Century Wavemaster XXL". It's awesome. I have the bottom filled w/ sand but not ALL the sand suggested because I wanted to be able to move it around easily. It can handle my aggression and doesn't move around too much when I used it. It's bigger than the one Merle Silver uses, but they have slightly smaller ones too. They're great.

Thanks for the reply! I actually put that bag in my cart before I even asked this question...so I am glad I was on the right path.

What makes it XXL? I don't see any L, M, S, etc. I do like the fact the punching bag is the length of the unit for low kicks. Seems that all sizes have the same footprint, so I might as well get a full vertical length.

About how much in sand did you fill up so you could move it, but it was still sturdy? Would you say half?

I'm not sure about the "XXL" category except that it's probably the biggest one in their line of bags. The sand.....I think we put in 1/2-2/3 of what was recommended. I can't remember how many sand bags it was, 2 maybe? It's easier to add sand then to remove some! Plus when you're putting it in, the sand dust floats in the air. I had to vacuum that up. But no leaks whatsoever!! When I do kickbox workouts, I SLAM that bag!! I kick as if I'm trying to knock it over. It moves just a little (you don't want it completely stationary) and it's quite easy to get it back in place. I absolutely love it!!!!

Hi tlc93,

I got my heavy bag and put it together yesterday! I did it all myself, so it was a workout in and of itself. You weren't kidding about that sand flying everywhere. I have an air purifier that was down the hall and in another room and it went on auto-turbo mode on its own; and that was with the doors shut. Can't wait to start using it.

If you like Kickboxing workouts...you're going to LOVE this bag. I'm so glad you got it. It's awesome.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.