Need advice!

nurse34

Cathlete
My LO is 14 weeks old this Tuesday and I have not been able to get a workout since my baby was 5 weeks old. He sleeps throughout most of the night from 730-530, and catnaps throughout the day. My husband works about 15 hours/day, seven days a week, with an hour to spare most days (so no real help there even though he tries). I work 9-10 hour days 3 days a week an a nurse so I am exhausted when I get home and I am in graduate school getting my nurse practitioner degree. Needless to say I have alot on my plate but I feel out of shape and I feel more tired and I know its from not working out. How did all of you get a schedule where you can workout with your little one? I can't make my schedule for the day until he wakes up because it is never the same time everyday. Please share your stories!!
Lisa

wonderwoman

Cathlete
My daughter is 10 months old and I still can't get it together. It has been so hard since I had her because now I have 2 little ones. My other one is 6. I also work full time and have a home and a husband who works alot too.
Thank goodness I have lost all of my weight so I basically rely on trying to eat to clean.
I have to be at work by 5am but then I get out at 1pm so trying to get a work out in before I go to work it's not happening because I dont want to get up at 3am although the thought does cross my mind! By the time 7pm rolls around I am soooo tired that I just want to go to bed. The last time I had a steady workout scduele was before I found out I was pregnant and that was Dec 2010. I miss Cathe but next week I'm going to be going to the gym at work cause it's the only time I can get it i!
Life has been a little hard since having my little one with not being able to workout and lack of sleep. It's been a little stressful for me but I love my girls and soon everything will be fine just need a little time. Same for you too! Hang in there!

melmeadows

Cathlete
I am in the same boat! My son will be 3 months old later this week. I only get one or two workouts in a week. I go back to work in 2 wks and I know it will not be any easier. I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am still a size larger and skin is still loose. It's a bit depressing. I needed to loose 10 lbs before baby....was hoping breast feeding would help, but no go. Trying to eat healthy, but I am hungry all the time. Oh well, one day ; )
Melanie

nurse34

Cathlete
Thanks girls for the feedback...its nice to know I am not alone. I am 5.5 lbs aways from my pre pregnancy weight but like you Melanie, the skin is a bit loose. In a perfect world I would have the time, but in reality I want to spend every minute with this little guy, I just can't get enough of him. So, if just lifting him up everyday is my exercise and running around like a crazy women to keep a smile on his face, then my workouts will have to take a back seat for now. One day when the chaos has quieted down or I have the energy after I put him down to sleep to exercise. That day will come again. Thanks again!!!
Lisa

EllieB

Cathlete
Thanks girls for the feedback...its nice to know I am not alone. I am 5.5 lbs aways from my pre pregnancy weight but like you Melanie, the skin is a bit loose. In a perfect world I would have the time, but in reality I want to spend every minute with this little guy, I just can't get enough of him. So, if just lifting him up everyday is my exercise and running around like a crazy women to keep a smile on his face, then my workouts will have to take a back seat for now. One day when the chaos has quieted down or I have the energy after I put him down to sleep to exercise. That day will come again. Thanks again!!!
Lisa

Hi Lisa!
Last year I was in your very same situation and had more baby weight to lose than 5 pounds. Life was really stressful also because as you said you can't plan things ahead because babies' behaviour is not very predictable.But believe me, there are still a few things you can do to have a bit of a work out and enjoy good time with your baby:I used to go out twice a day for power strolling walk: I used to walk "briskly" especially as soon as he got asleep and wanted to be at home quickly so that I could catch up with the chores, or tried to change "circuit" going to different parks and instead of strolling always on the same track I chose different ones.
Then I started to do little toning sessions (no more than 10-15 mins) but it was a way to keep muscle working again.
But please enjoy the moment just right now and don't be stressed about weight :believe me, life will get easier and then you'll be ready for a good hour long workout but for now listen to your body and try to save your energy up for nursing activities:it's a very special time for a Mom, and I hope you can make the most out of it and will remember these days as the most beautiful of your life!
Btw, I went back to serious exercise when my baby was 6 months old and thanks to Cathe lost all my baby weight and even a bit more, so don't worry, there's plenty of time for losing your last 5 pounds.;) Good luck!
Ellie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.