Need advice!

nurse34

Cathlete
My LO is 14 weeks old this Tuesday and I have not been able to get a workout since my baby was 5 weeks old. He sleeps throughout most of the night from 730-530, and catnaps throughout the day. My husband works about 15 hours/day, seven days a week, with an hour to spare most days (so no real help there even though he tries). I work 9-10 hour days 3 days a week an a nurse so I am exhausted when I get home and I am in graduate school getting my nurse practitioner degree. Needless to say I have alot on my plate but I feel out of shape and I feel more tired and I know its from not working out. How did all of you get a schedule where you can workout with your little one? I can't make my schedule for the day until he wakes up because it is never the same time everyday. Please share your stories!!
Lisa

My daughter is 10 months old and I still can't get it together. It has been so hard since I had her because now I have 2 little ones. My other one is 6. I also work full time and have a home and a husband who works alot too.
Thank goodness I have lost all of my weight so I basically rely on trying to eat to clean.
I have to be at work by 5am but then I get out at 1pm so trying to get a work out in before I go to work it's not happening because I dont want to get up at 3am although the thought does cross my mind! By the time 7pm rolls around I am soooo tired that I just want to go to bed. The last time I had a steady workout scduele was before I found out I was pregnant and that was Dec 2010. I miss Cathe but next week I'm going to be going to the gym at work cause it's the only time I can get it i!
Life has been a little hard since having my little one with not being able to workout and lack of sleep. It's been a little stressful for me but I love my girls and soon everything will be fine just need a little time. Same for you too! Hang in there!

I am in the same boat! My son will be 3 months old later this week. I only get one or two workouts in a week. I go back to work in 2 wks and I know it will not be any easier. I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am still a size larger and skin is still loose. It's a bit depressing. I needed to loose 10 lbs before baby....was hoping breast feeding would help, but no go. Trying to eat healthy, but I am hungry all the time. Oh well, one day ; )
Melanie

Thanks girls for the feedback...its nice to know I am not alone. I am 5.5 lbs aways from my pre pregnancy weight but like you Melanie, the skin is a bit loose. In a perfect world I would have the time, but in reality I want to spend every minute with this little guy, I just can't get enough of him. So, if just lifting him up everyday is my exercise and running around like a crazy women to keep a smile on his face, then my workouts will have to take a back seat for now. One day when the chaos has quieted down or I have the energy after I put him down to sleep to exercise. That day will come again. Thanks again!!!
Lisa

Thanks girls for the feedback...its nice to know I am not alone. I am 5.5 lbs aways from my pre pregnancy weight but like you Melanie, the skin is a bit loose. In a perfect world I would have the time, but in reality I want to spend every minute with this little guy, I just can't get enough of him. So, if just lifting him up everyday is my exercise and running around like a crazy women to keep a smile on his face, then my workouts will have to take a back seat for now. One day when the chaos has quieted down or I have the energy after I put him down to sleep to exercise. That day will come again. Thanks again!!!
Lisa

Hi Lisa!
Last year I was in your very same situation and had more baby weight to lose than 5 pounds. Life was really stressful also because as you said you can't plan things ahead because babies' behaviour is not very predictable.But believe me, there are still a few things you can do to have a bit of a work out and enjoy good time with your baby:I used to go out twice a day for power strolling walk: I used to walk "briskly" especially as soon as he got asleep and wanted to be at home quickly so that I could catch up with the chores, or tried to change "circuit" going to different parks and instead of strolling always on the same track I chose different ones.
Then I started to do little toning sessions (no more than 10-15 mins) but it was a way to keep muscle working again.
But please enjoy the moment just right now and don't be stressed about weight :believe me, life will get easier and then you'll be ready for a good hour long workout but for now listen to your body and try to save your energy up for nursing activities:it's a very special time for a Mom, and I hope you can make the most out of it and will remember these days as the most beautiful of your life!
Btw, I went back to serious exercise when my baby was 6 months old and thanks to Cathe lost all my baby weight and even a bit more, so don't worry, there's plenty of time for losing your last 5 pounds.;) Good luck!
Ellie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.