My review of exercise DVD's rented from Netflix

kristan

Cathlete
Here are my thoughts on some DVD's rented from Netflix. I've gone on to purchase some, others I rent when needed:

CIA 2303, Keli Roberts Step it Strong- circuit w/o, easy cardio, but excellent weight work, especially the chest/core work at the end.

CIA 2505- K. Spreen, Kick Box Boot Camp- love it! Cardio is moderate- much of it on the step, some is on the floor. Circuit in nature.

CIA 2504- Jammin 32- Rhythmic Step junkie heaven

CIA 2604- All Body Cardio- LOVE this, much like Drill Max, but maybe even harder. There's a bosu work out on it too.

CIA 2605- Cardio Camp with K. SPreen- hi/lo and kickbox. Decent pre mix. Nice leg work at the end- all based on balance/no weights.

Kickbutt: Steamin Cardio and Push Pull- very firmy- cardio and weights. Good chaptering. Like it.

Strength Toolbox with M. Mylrea- 9 sections (3 each, lower, upper, ab). Great as an add on to other workouts.

Brand New Butt and Brand New Butt plus Pilates- both great. My husband loves to watch Janis.

10 minute solution Kickboxing with Keli ROberts- good for add ons to other work outs.

On the Ball Pilates with Lizbeth Garcia- One of my favorites. Love the bonus combo at the end for after a run.

Thanks for posting this! I get a lot of exercise videos from Netflix, and it's helpful for when I'm organizing my queue. I just did Rob Glick's Amazing Step Styles last night and found that I LOVED it even though I would never described myself as a complex-choreography type of person.

It would be nice if there were a little section or thread on this forum for reviews of videos. Of course, that could really gobble up a lot of bandwidth!

netflix has saved me a bundle on workouts. i did wind up buying strength toolbox after trying it but i really do love it to death. i have both keli roberts workouts and use the 10min. solution quite often. on the ball pilates i have and haven't done is awhile but its a nice change of pace from regular matwork. i like the kimberly spreen(kickbox bootcamp) too but i figure i can pick up at the library when i get the urge to do it.

i haven't tried the other CIA's yet but they are on my list along with hundreds of other. i was trying to cut my urge to buy workouts that i wound up not liking or have something like it,while fulfilling my urge to try new workouts. i know blockbuster revised their online plan by being able to go to the store but until they carry workout dvds in this store in my area, i am sticking with netflix and their huge selection. i have never had a problem in over a year of having them.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

060104_10010099873.gif

>CIA 2505- K. Spreen, Kick Box Boot Camp- love it! Cardio is
>moderate- much of it on the step, some is on the floor.
>Circuit in nature.

>CIA 2604- All Body Cardio- LOVE this, much like Drill Max, but
>maybe even harder. There's a bosu work out on it too.

>CIA 2605- Cardio Camp with K. SPreen- hi/lo and kickbox.
>Decent pre mix. Nice leg work at the end- all based on
>balance/no weights.

Love these workouts! I also like the new CIA series. Someone mentioned Rob Glick's Amazing Step Styles (sorry can't remember who without looking back)... It is great and the he breaks it down very well:) What is the Brand New Butt workout like? I haven't tried any of her stuff before? I am looking for something to complement Butts and Guts and Gym Style Legs, but that works on the top hamstrings and glutes more (butt lifting).

"Kickbutt: Steamin Cardio and Push Pull- very firmy- cardio and weights. Good chaptering. Like it. "

What is this workout exactly? Who is the instructor?

Thanks!

Clare

If you are really digging All Body Cardio, then you need to get All Body Attack, Sharon's newest CIA workout. Imo it is even better, and just as hard!!!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.