My personnel experiment

runner2

Cathlete
HI gals,
I haven't been around in a while..hows everyone doing?
I have been thinking lately...you know, I don't eat "claen" very often, to many carbs, to many treats and WAY to much picking.
I was also thinking, even though I don't watch every morsel that goes in my mouth,my body isn't to bad.I have shapely shoulders and biceps and you can see where my abs are.There not very defined but you get the pitcure,right?:)
I would like to experiment with myself for the next few weeks.Normally it doesn't take long for me to see the benefits from a healthier diet and a consistent workout program.I am also looking for soemthing that would help me change my lifestyle to a certain degree.
I am going to check out the rotations that are avaiable and I am going to try and eat 6 meals a day,a portion of protein and carbs, but the last two meals of the day will be just protein and a salad(no carbs)I know that this is similar to the BFL method, but I won't have any blow out cheat days and I won't be following the BFL workout plan.I want to see what I am capable of looking like if I really put my mind to it...I am not going to deprive myself but I am going to listen to my body,sleep when I am tired,eat when I am hungry and have a treat when i need one.Not 20 treats a day.
What do you think..sound good?

Hey Runner2 - welcome back:

Your plan sounds great! That is basically what I've started doing this week and I can already tell a great difference in myself. Both physically and mentally. I don't feel so bloated with less carbs and I love that. My main concern was to cut out sweets (that's hard this time of the year) and not eat carbs in the evening and so far it's been pretty successful.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going. :)

Marcia :)

Can someone give me a sample meal plan for this type of diet? I've wanted to try it, but I'm a pretty picky eater. I think my biggest problem is breakfast. I love something simple for breakfast. I exercise mid morning and anytime I eat protein for breakfast, it seems to still be in my stomach when I get ready to exercise even though I exercise 2 hours later. I guess I don't digest protein very well.

I think I can probably help./
Meal 1:2 egg whites,slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter.
(would 2 egg whites sit heavy in you tummy?)
Meal2:1/2 c cottage cheese, yogurt
Meal3:1 slice toast,mayo,some protein
Meal4:protein shake
Meal5:lean protein and a salad with low carb veggies
I think meal 6 really depends on when you eat it.When I did BFL, I didn't eat meal6.Meal 6 would have been a bed time snack and I was trying to cut out eating after dinner.If I was really hungry I would ea something from the list.
If egg whites would sit heavy in your stomach then maybe you can just not eat protein in the morning.Eata extra serving of carbs for breakfast and then take away a carb at another meal and stick in another protein.Am I making sense?
Hope I helped
Lori:)

Hi Runner2 & Kelly! Not sure this will help but try this:

Meal 1: 1 whole egg & 1 egg white w/chopped tomato, onion & pepper. You can either top the omelet w/salsa or you can have 1/2 white potato
(If you don't have a cholesterol problem, you'll derive all of your nutrients from the whole egg) or if you prefer you can use Garden Vegetable Egg Beaters
Meal 2: low fat or fat free string cheese & apple
Meal 3: large salad w/mixed greens, radishes, peppers, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, cucumber, jicama (when in season), carrots & beans if meat is giving you a problem & another type of fruit
Meal 4: beans again or tuna fish w/veggies of your choice
Meal 5: turkey or chicken w/veggies stir-fry & fruit

Try to limit your consumption of potatoes & rarely eat bread. You can have pasta once a week if you like. You can also drink a diet soda but I prefer Diet Hanson's or Diet Boylan; only 12 oz. though. The rest of the time you should be consuming water. I would prefer you eat a lot of veggies & fruits so you won't be tempted to eat any "junk".

Good luck! Kathy:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.