My July “Eye” Update

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Exciting news…I just threw my own ribbon cutting ceremony for myself after the great news from my eye doc appointment My gas bubble (which was acting as a cast pressing against my retina to keep it in place while I healed) is officially absorbed and I can finally get rid of my medical alert bracelet that I’ve worn for the last two months! Good riddens bracelet So what does this mean? It means my retina is now fully and solidly reattached, however, I still have four more months of “vision” healing to go. In four more months I’ll know my best outcome as to what amount of vision will be restored since my reattachment. Hoping for 100% restoration but prepared that 70% might be my best outcome. I still have several floaters (normal) along with one huge chunky one (a stubborn post operation blood clump that doesn’t want to part with me …also normal but unusually large). We’re hoping these floaters and big clump will dissolve on their own, but if not we will review my options down the road to see how/if we can get rid of them. But for now I’m thrilled to hear I’m healing well and finally able to get rid of that medical bracelet! #progress

Happy Fourth of July weekend everyone 2672C059-8F7B-486F-B668-8BBC65A18794.png

Exciting news…I just threw my own ribbon cutting ceremony for myself after the great news from my eye doc appointment My gas bubble (which was acting as a cast pressing against my retina to keep it in place while I healed) is officially absorbed and I can finally get rid of my medical alert bracelet that I’ve worn for the last two months! Good riddens bracelet So what does this mean? It means my retina is now fully and solidly reattached, however, I still have four more months of “vision” healing to go. In four more months I’ll know my best outcome as to what amount of vision will be restored since my reattachment. Hoping for 100% restoration but prepared that 70% might be my best outcome. I still have several floaters (normal) along with one huge chunky one (a stubborn post operation blood clump that doesn’t want to part with me …also normal but unusually large). We’re hoping these floaters and big clump will dissolve on their own, but if not we will review my options down the road to see how/if we can get rid of them. But for now I’m thrilled to hear I’m healing well and finally able to get rid of that medical bracelet! #progress

Happy Fourth of July weekend everyone View attachment 8000
Hi Cathe, those floaters and the "chunky one" will hopefully disappear on it's own. I had cataract surgery and had lots of floaters and with time they disappeared. The eye has its own timetable, believe me. Glad you are on the road to healing which is great!! YAY!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.