Muscles bigger on one side

AnneMA

Cathlete
I know that most people have this issue with some part of their body . . . my bicep muscle on the right side (I'm right handed) is larger and more toned than my left. I try to add on extra reps, etc. for my left side, but haven't seen any improvements. When I'm carrying things, I try to remember to use my left hand. Not that it's a big deal, it's not like I'm competing and need a balanced body, just curious if anyone has had success in getting one side caught up to the other.

I haven't necessarily noticed a difference in size, but my right side has always been significantly stronger than my left. I too have tried doing extra reps, etc. on my left to try to balance it out with little success.

Interestingly, over the past 6 or 7 weeks that I've been lifting heavy (much heavier than I ever have before) I've seen that difference go away almost completely. Most of the exercises I've been doing are bi-lateral, and on the unilateral ones, I haven't done any extra reps on my left.

AnneMa I am so glad you asked this. I swear my right bicep looks more defined then my left. I am sure it is not noticeable but I notice it. I am on week one of STS Meso 2 so I am hoping they even out like Audryb has mentioned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.